Accommodation for soccer and rugby won't be part of any deal to redevelop Pairc Ui Chaoimh

tallaght stadium has been a massive success- football,bogball,rogbee & ammerican football have all been played there- concerts will be held there soon -

Tiesto?

tallaght has held a bigger variety of sport in 2 years than that hold in cork will ever have - the tax payer should not fund these bigots though

Are there any architect’s drawings of this? I hear the plan is to knock the two stands and keep the terraces? Would it not just be simpler to knock the whole thing and build from scratch?

I think Croke Park and some of the county boards around the country are living in their own little bubble and the ‘investigation’ into Nemo Rangers allowing the rugby footballers use of their facilities was petty in the extreme. There’s no understanding or acknowledgement that plenty of clubs are struggling financially with sponsors falling by the way side in the current climate, lower numbers buying weekly draw tickets and all that shite. I imagine clubs all around the country are renting out indoor arenas, all weather pitches etc to other sporting organisations and it’s actually using a bit of initiative that should be welcomed rather than them getting castigated for it.

100% correct. I have talked to Nemo people about this though, it was a witch hunt. From certain Senior members of the CB and National delegates i believe. People who would never have liked Nemo, or a certain excellent coach from Turners Cross.

I heard a rumour that one cheeky club wrote to the CB, told them the revenue they were pulling in from “outside” clubs and societies and told them if they ever even got a letter about it they would never offer their facilities again to the CB. Many winter finals, Cork training sessions etc etc would happen in these facilities. I think they detailed how the money was keeping their own club going. Don’t think they got any response.

Clubs in Cork are in a fairly strong position these days. There was a hint of everyone supporting Nemo on this but it didn’t happen. But the Club forum has scared the CB.

Clowns like you need to open your minds - a proper stadium in Cork has the potential to be a serious money spinner. Dont give me the Cork doesnt need the money bullshit. Every organisation could do with more. Think of the business it would generate for the city if utilised properly not small minded insular GAA bullshit.

Great that all stakeholders in Cork are given a backseat so travelling players are given a break :rolleyes:

What are you on about opening our minds? This is a non story. Nothing whatsoevr has been decided, and won’t be for a while. I’d be all for a big conference center and a business run facility if it made sense, but i doubt Cork is big enough for it. Unless we get through some of the planning to get the deep docks sorted and the cargo ships can come in. The pricks up in Dublin kick up a stink every time it goes anywhere near planning.

You must realise that its a small area down there, serviced by a small amount of amenities. Now i’d like it to grow, but already the Marquee events more than put a penny in the pockets of the local businesses. A business center down the Pairc won’t do very much for the city, at least not in its present guise.

Won’t be ready for either final.

I flagged this yesterday mate

1 Like

The locals are seething…

1 Like

More seething they won Saturday night I’d say - meant they had to own up to this today

Tomás Mulcahy’s hair on the Six One News. :eek:

Footballers are seething, absolutely seething.

CB ignored emails from managemw t looking for postpinments on lub games were they to win and on PIC being ready.

Absokutely anyone within a sniff of a builder down there knew it wouldn’t happen. Contractos not happy at all.

Stupid fucking cunts the Cork CB. He is not up to it but i do feel sorry for Peadar Healy.

1 Like

Way now open for PUC to be used for a Heineken Cup semi final

Can you imagine what a rugby game would do to the surface :joy:

It’ll hardly make it any worse?

230,000 ppl I’d say it’s needed

Be great for team Munster though. And a few quid off the €100m odd bill for the stadium

Its a no brainer.