Aer Lingus

Tell them all to get the fook. What pub did you encounter this in?

Alas its true, i blame the Limerick people.

As I said earlier in a different thread be careful around Limerick scum ba… I mean people. They have guns! Why do you think Aer Lingus are trying to pull their operations completely out of Shannon, it’s too close to Limerick.

You get it in pubs like Searson’s, Smyth’s and The 51 around Baggot Street. It’s fairly ridiculous.

Getting into pubs is fairly ridiculous alright

I know, why the fuck would publicans want to make money like!

If they were able to get away with smuggling people off flights you can be sure they smuggling plenty of other shit off the flights as well.

Two Aer Lingus employees were among three men arrested by gardai last night in an investigation into international illegal immigrant smuggling network through Dublin Airport.

The employees are suspected of using catering vehicles to move illegal immigrants directly from planes that landed in Dublin Airport to a car-park outside the facility.
A senior source said that this meant that the illegal immigrants could avoid immigration and security checks at the airport.

Gardai believe that the scam has been ongoing for a number of years and more than 500 people have been smuggled into Ireland this way.
“They were taking people directly off planes and using Aer Lingus vehicles to get them out of the airport,” a senior source said.

The three men, aged 28, 56 and 61, were arrested at Dublin Airport last night and are being detained at Ballymun and Coolock garda stations.
Aer Lingus confirmed this morning that two if its employees had been arrested.

“Aer Lingus can confirm that two of its employees have been arrested by an Garda Siochana at Dublin Airport. Aer Lingus is co-operating fully with an Garda Siochana in their investigation.
“As this is an on-going criminal investigation we have no further comment to make,” a spokesman said.

The investigation into the smuggling network has been ongoing for a number of months and has been carried out by the Garda National Immigration Bureau.
A spokesperson for the Dublin Airport Authority said it has been in touch with the Garda National Immigration Bureau, and is assisting gardaí with their inquiries.

Gardai are due to brief the media on the arrests this afternoon.

This won’t do anything to dispel the arguments that we are catering too much for illegal immigrants.

6 Likes

Some smashing snaps of the bhoys in Ben’s album here :laughing:

Hon @Bandage wan of our own

Surprising to see such enterprise and initiative in public servants.

6 Likes

Was going to say the same thing. What a lovely little side enterprise they had going and great thinking outside the box as well.

1 Like

Yea apparently they were supposed to appear on Dragons Den next week. Looking for a little extra investment

Ryanair response

The cat seems to have got the tongues of our Fingal aviation experts. Care to comment @Rocko?

Sounds like they were thinking inside the box

I’m on record here as being in favour of unfettered immigration and I applaud the innovation of my fellow aviators and Fingallians in this cunning plan.

1 Like

what is the wifi like on aer lingus? is it as good as Ryanair?

Bit of hot water for Aer Lingus in the US. Hard to know if the staff were over the top or if the plaintiff is spouting complete and utter bile.

Complete bullshit

1 Like