AFL 2024

Thats some choke, again, by Port Adelaide. Unbelievable, if it wasnt so usual

Dangerfield is an aul dog, he enjoyed that

Ah Jaysus - Mullin gone off injured. Hopefully not too bad but looked a nasty enough landing

Didnt look great alright. Week off tho helps anyway

Know. The. Game.

Geelong win by 84 points.

Just the 114 point swing on your pre-match prediction. You weren’t too far off really. You did highlight that Port Adelaide were Spursy, in fairness.

As @glenshane would say “I was proved right yet again.”

1 Like

It’s the most eagerly awaited elimination final EVER. Footscray v Hawthorn starts at 10:40am Irish time.

The MCG is SOLD OUT.

Hawthorn have Meath’s Conor Nash but Footscray captain Marcus Bontempelli wears Guinness socks (check it out, he does).

I’m tentatively tipping Footscray to get the job done here and win the flag. So most likely I’ll be be proved right again when Hawthorn have eliminated them by 1:10pm today.

I’d have to be dug out of Abbey Holmes

1 Like

Just what Australian Rules Football needed. ANOTHER Hawthorn dynasty. :roll_eyes: Their colours are even pretty close to Kilkenny’s.

They’re quite clearly going to win the flag and they’ll win next year’s one too and probably the year after that.

They have the Dogs bet up a stick. 77-41 at three quarter-time.

Great 4th quarter, swans reducing the deficit and just 8 in it now.

Swans are coming. Lovely football

Great finish to this match. Swans showing pedigree matters

I only tuned in with GWS 82-76 up. They led by 21 points before that?

First time Swans have ever beaten GWS in a final at the fourth attempt.

Sydney v Hawthorn would be some preliminary final. Would fancy Hawthorn I think.

It was 21 at the start of the 4th. Manic stuff. They won a load of contested ball when outnumbered. Just really lifted it for the last quarter, savage stuff.

Rippa

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1832312502945739216

Sam Docherty returns to the Carlton team for the first time since doing his ACL against Brisbane at the Gabba in the first game of the year. But no Charlie Curnow for the Blues. Personally I think the Docherty call is nuts, but we’ll see.

Carlton won by one point at the Gabba in that first game but I think it’s much more likely they’ll be put away handily like in last year’s preliminary final.

First bounce at 10:30am.

Game over with five minutes left in the first quarter.

Brisbane 27 Carlton 0.

Carlton become the first team since North Melbourne in 1974 to go scoreless in the first quarter of a finals game. They trail 35-0 at quarter time.

North Melbourne went on to win two of the next three Premierships but you’d get fairly good odds on Carlton doing that.

53-0 halfway through Q2. This is rapidly running into sack the coach in the car park afterwards territory for Michael Voss.

59-0 now.