AFL 2024

Justin McInerney did not want to know about the physical stuff there. Like a Kildare corner forward of the early 1990s. Lions break and Big Joe sets up Ah Chee for his third.

Big Joe then beats Tom McCartin up a stick in a one on one mark contest and hits it up in the air and as wide as fucking gate. He’s BOX OFFICE.

Ashcroft has the verve to burst in and snap a goal. 54 points the margin. 09:28 left in Q3. Surely that is it.

Considering Hill made absolute shit of him last year, its a great comeback game for him

This is a ridiculously brilliant performance by Brisbane. Fair play to them.
Swans nowhere, the end of Longmire.

RAYNER!!!

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Rayner you beautaaaayyyy.

60 points.

All that’s left to be decided now is whether Conor McKenna gets a run out.

Was thinking the same myself. Throw him on ta fuck

Comedy miss by Big Joe, falling on his arse from six yards. What a man.

That kick by Amartey sums up Sydney’s day. Ah Chee gets his fourth. He has to be right in the mix for the Norm Smith.

Who was the last favoured team to flop like this on Grand Final day? Essendon 1990? Carlton 1993? Even those three quarter time margins were in the 40s points wise.

73 points the margin at three quarter time here.

Sydney losing to the Bulldogs in 2016 was a massive upset, but not the hammering like today

That was close-ish with the Dogs only clinching it in the last 10 minutes. This is the third tonking in four Grand Final losses since 2012 for the Swans though and it’s definitely the worst.

I think Hawthorn would have been favourites in 2014 and Geelong were strong favourites two years ago. They don’t have the excuse of losing to a Melbourne team either.

I dont ever recall a crowd singing a song like the lions fans there. Similar to GAA crowds, its usually just chanting. Certainly not in a GF anyway

It’s like Thurles in 2001 with the Brisbane supporters sing Hey Baby by DJ Otzi.

Isaac Heeney looks like he doesn’t fancy going back on the pitch. He wears the facial expression of somebody who has just been told they have a macula off detached retina.

Edendork is in the house. Conor McKenna is getting 10 minutes of a run out.

1 Like

Norm Smith will be a toss up. I thought Will Ashcroft just shaded things over Lohman whose impact on the first half was electric.

Hard to pick in a hammering. Not like any one player stood head and shoulders over another

For me that’s a key factor. He set the emotional tone for the game in the first two quarters when it was a contest. His impact went beyond just his own performance. Lohmann by a hair’s breadth over Ah Chee for me.

Big Joe gets another goal.

This is such a charismatic Lions team.

Lads hoping to have the ball at the siren now.

120-60 FT is a nice round scoreline.

The Marseillaise is played again in the year of Paris. Brisbane will have to win it again in 2032.