AFL 2024

9-6-60 to 18-12-120.

Beautiful

1 Like

The double score perfection

And its Ashcroft

Could’ve been any of 4 or 5 as you said.

1 Like

Great stuff by the Lions

I had a busy week whatsapping friends relatives and old workmates in bris vegas letting them know the game was on so it was worth the effort

5 Likes

That kid who gave Rayner his medal had some mullet!

This takes me back to my own grand final win not 3 weeks ago. I hope these lads have booked Monday off too.

1 Like

Still cant believe ye stole that cup

Swings and roundabouts!

1 Like

Darcy FUCKING Wilmot :joy:

These presentations are class. The great David Parkin shared a lovely embrace with Chris Fagan and the oldest living premiership captain Fred something or other who captained Geelong in 1963 makes an appearance, he looks like he could go on for a while yet. Lethal Leigh Matthews presents the cup.

There’s always one ape at the presentation. But overall the Lions gave very little ammunition to social media for a bitching session about their interactions with the Auskick kids.

Beau McCreery got it in the neck last year. He won the Grand Final sprint by a neck today.

Wilmot was more comically apeish than threateningly apeish.

Just think, this could be Ken Hinkley next year.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1839927190344913290

The word from Matthew Lloyd is Big Joe Daniher is retiring. I hope not. If so, Goodbye Sweet Prince, you’ve gone out at the very top, the King Of Entertainment and a champion.

The way the players reacted when he got his second goal would suggest that was his final hurrah.

He only turned 30 in March. A lot of money to give up but perhaps his uncle Neale’s plight has concentrated his mind.

A sport can’t buy as stand out a character as bustling Big Joe. You just gravitate towards him. He has it.

Those Aussie club songs are fucking awful and should be done away with

Just because there has never been a song written about Laois isn’t a basis to deprive other people of their songs.

Anyway Heeey Baby by DJ Otzi is now the official Brisbane Lions club song. They’re still singing it in the dressing rooms live on 3AW.

You can say what you like about that song, but it has endured. At first it was an endurance. But as the years passed it gradually broke down the silliness defences of the human species and it is now a cultural touchstone.

Give me a pub full of drunk people singing Heeeeyyyyyy Baby by DJ Otzi over a pub in which Grace is being warbled out.

Any day.

You could see the guy handing them their caps on.the way up was letting them know to.do the right thing, he had a word with every player and a few extra words for lachie neale too

Spoke too soon

This sort of carry on by the GWS Giants team is to be thoroughly applauded. 9/11 jokes will never get old and it’s heartening to see them being passed down to the next generation, many of whom wouldn’t even remember it.