African Cup of Nations

Pico on fire

Strikes me as a fella who shoulda stayed as a well regarded coach

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1748354959542722649?t=3QoSWUGrpLp-K6umTCTn9Q&s=19

Never lost it

PS ah keeper

Another player who has thrived since escaping united.

PS: That deal stunk.

Good hit but keeper needs to be doing better.

The gift that keeps giving

https://twitter.com/johnnywalker059/status/1748411644642734437?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Cameroon gone out tonight. Yer man Onana can head back to United having had a grand rest sitting it out on the bench watching his cousin the Division 3 goalkeeper from France.

2 Likes

Shameful the way he and the club treated the tournament and country, they got their reward

Nigeria have serious talent. Massive under achievers.

10 man Equatorial Guinea miss a golden chance from the spot against normal Guinea

Pico triumphs

Gas couple of minutes there. Mendy came out and cleaned Pepe of Arsenal fame. The Ivory Coast lads go buck ape when the penalty isn’t awarded and one is booked. Confusion ensued before the ref decides to have a look at the monitor and award the penalty. The Senegalese mentors turn on him then but he refrains from getting involved and correctly awards the penalty. Elephants score through Kessie. 1-1.

Did he not cancel the yellow awarded to the Ivorian player? Didn’t look like it

Apparently not because it was for dissent. I initially thought he’d booked Pepe for diving.

Ah. That’s what I thought as well.

Serge Aurier has a head like an African Greek God

Senegal, Egypt and Cameroon all fall at the last 16. Joining Ghana, Tunisia and Algeria with shock early exits.

Morocco and Nigeria look like they’ll clash in the semi.
Ivory Coast have, on paper, a nice draw the other side. But they themselves were lucky to get out of their group with one win.

Cape Verde and their population of less than 600k still rolling on.

Tis like the Ulster championship. Box office.

2 Likes

Most of them weren’t born in Cape Verde but tbf you could say the same thing about us

There’s regularly 9 or 10 Irish born lads now on starting teams but in Italia 90 I suppose it was around half.

Pico getting to the quarters is the greatest sporting achievement ever by an irishman

1 Like