African Cup of Nations

The physicality and pressure of the EPL can’t be underestimated pal.

Anyway, let’s not open this up to endless EPL banality.

We need to figure out how to profit from the tournament.

1 Like

RTÉ Soccer on Twitter: ““We have a bit of a quiet confidence about us” Shamrock Rovers defender @picolopes is relishing his major tournament debut as the Crumlin native prepares for the #AFCON2021 with Cape Verde who will face the hosts Full #RTESoccer Podcast: https://t.co/pWx9HVsEVH https://t.co/kc8GuylMWI” / Twitter

Roberto Lopes: The Dubliner set to line out at AFCON for Cape Verde - Pundit Arena

@ChairmanDan

The footix will be seething.

1 Like

Burkina Faso leading the hosts 1-0 in the opening game but VAR likely to give a pen to Cameroon now.

I will be supporting Burkina Faso for as long as they last in this as I won a world cup with them in my now 60 season long Pro Evo Master League.

Cameroon scored the pen to level it and have scored another to take the lead in 1st half injury time.

I’ll be supporting the countries the Liverpool players play for and hope they’ll go very far.

1 Like

Pico Lopes doing us proud here lads.
I’m assuming the whole forum is behind Cape Verde.
We’re one up on ethiopia

4 Likes

Yes
Sligo full back in 2010. Name escapes me now…with Benin maybe

Was it Evan fergusons old fella who christened Eamon Zayed as gaddafi?

Would love to see one of the boys win it tbh. Senegal have never won the final. Egypt have a rake of them but before Mo’s time.

Cc @padjo

Got Egypt in the Ratoath Inn sweepstake mate, Mo Salah and the lads will be hard stopped

2 Likes

If Egypt win AFCON and Liverpool recapture Old Big Ears then Mo will hard stopped in the Balon D’or this year.

A lot of people tipping Algeria but that Senegal team looks stronger to me.

1 Like

Are there Vuvuzelas? They are fuckin dose

huge win for Cape Verde

1 Like

Morocco v Ghana today at 4pm Western Irish Time.

Sadioooooooo with a 97th minute pen winner

Get in !

Be somewhat nice to see Senegal win it after losing it last time