After Work Pints

I can see that comment getting 15 likes. It would have been closer to 25 if it came from a forum favourite.

Cunt talk.

4 Likes

Whatev’s pal

Tonight’s bevvie

1 Like

It deserves ten.

Had to give it one after he complained.

1 Like

This thread is in very poor taste. Lonely bastards out drinking on their own, and then posting pictures of their pints. The extent of the excitement is the type of glass the pint is pulled in. People have quit Facebook to get away from this sort of shite-hawking.

12 Likes

The place has gone to shit all right. On a brighter note, football season has started so that will keep most going for the winter.

Grand pint in the community hall

Mate, would you ever fuck off. A lad going for quiet pint on his own after work, what could be nobler than that? I’d fucking love to be able to do it, but I’m faced with Formica drinking shops with pokie machines and absolutely no hope of a decent pint of Guinness here. This thread should be one of the definitive threads on Tfk, a celebration of a uniquely Irish tradition of being able to walk into a licensed establishment on your own and either engage in conversation with someone you don’t know or be left alone while imbibing a quality alcoholic beverage.
You’re taking your life for granted. Don’t. I salute every one of you going for a scoop after work, I am very much there with you in spirit.

21 Likes

Lads do anyou of ye’re other halves refuse to meet ye in a pub? The odd time I go into town on a Saturday with herself, she refuses to meet me in a pub on the basis I’ll inevitably be late and she’ll be sitting there on her own for ten minutes. She’ll glad,you meet me somewhere else a day go into the pub with me but will refuse point blank to me in there.

No. She just won’t go into the pubs I frequent. It’s more the clientele and the smell than a timing issue though.

3 Likes

Noble? So going for a pint on your tod after work is in some way exuding fine personal qualities? When you met Mrs. Fitzy’s folks for the first time, I doubt you tried to get a nod of approval by telling them about your solo drinking desires. Alcohol is a social lubricant, so going out for a pint on your own and wanting to be left alone seems pretty odd behaviour.

And mate, drinking alone in a pub after work is no more a uniquely irish tradition than wiping your ass after taking a shit is. The brits do it. The yanks do it. The continentals do it.

4 Likes

I’ve never noticed people on FB or Instagram (get with the programme ffs sakes) posting themselves having a pint alone. That’s actually not a very FB thing to do as people question your social skills, much more of a TFK activity. Now what is a FB activity which is done to gay abandon on here is posting screenshots of ones run around the park and lifting regime.

Here’s a grand pint.

1 Like

This. None of the wives in our circle will ever willingly go into our local. Neither will any of the local do-gooders and busy bodies. You can drink and bollix away in there and no one really gives a fuck and it won’t be all over the town the next day.

12 Likes

:smile:
I love to go down to a local pub near me at around half nine. I’ll sit there reading my book and ignore everyone else, hotel bar so usually tourists. Nice and relaxing to get away from other people after a busy day and kids put to bed. Every man should be comfortable enough in his own skin to go down to the pub on his own and either mind his own business or chat away to a stranger.

14 Likes

You fucking odd ball :grinning:

3 Likes

I just fucking hate people. I’ll be doing the same in Nogra when I move back!

4 Likes

Indeed, people who can’t do outdoor activities without the crutch of another person are actually the strange ones.

7 Likes