AI SHC Semi-Final Killkenny v Tipperary

curdlingford… :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNtvqzmsS6k

Sure don’t the two best teams in the country play each other in training. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully last year won’t prove to have been a dead cat bounce and we still have enough to beat Tipp on Sunday and get another crack at Galway. Maybe Tipp learned their lesson from last year and haven’t peaked too early but I didn’t find them overly impressive in their games to date. Kilkenny’s lack of decent forwards on the bench is a worry compared to Chip. Time for Eoin Larkin, forum favourite TJ Reid and Richie Power to really turn up and lead the attack so we dont have to worry about bringing on subs. Keeping Padraig Maher someway quiet and stopping his forward runs will be an imortant job for whoever gets to mark him as those runs up the field have been a big inspiration to Tipp during most matches. Lar will surely try and get on the score sheet this time but the further he plays out from goal the happier I will be. I’m sure Tipp have plenty of motivation from last year so here’s hoping its a cracker of a game anyway and that my record of never haven’t attended a championship loss to Tipp will be preserved.

As an aside the media have been constantly referring to the lack of interviews from the Kilkenny team or anyone really close to them bar Brian Hogan’s appearance at the promotional gig in Croke Park. Not that any of those interviews are worth reading anyway or you can just read last years and update names etc. The Cody PR machine must be seriously in gear and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was behind the closure of KK Cats instead of the cost issue that has been mentioned. Mind you, in 2004 there was closed training sessions etc and Cork still beat us well in the final so all the effort may not really be worth it.

I heard Cody goes around those closed training sessions beating the players with a length of rubber pipe when they drop a ball.

Sean Sta[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 702810”]
I heard Cody goes around those closed training sessions beating the players with a length of rubber pipe when they drop a ball.
[/quote]

Sean Stack used to do that with the Tipp lads, but he used a car aerial from what I heard…

Pair of wellingtons on him and a bucket of Sliothars in his other hand.

[size=“2”]Brendan Cummins, Conor O’Brien, Paul Curran (Captain), Mickey Cahill, Tom Stapleton, Conor O’Mahony, Paudie Maher, Shane McGrath, Brendan Maher, Pa Bourke, Bonner Maher, Larry Corbett, Buggy O’Meara, John O’Brien, Noel McGrath. [/size]

Tipp have to win this for their own sake. If they lose, then that will be that from them for a while. They will turn on Ryan because he will have presided over two years of failure with a crop of young hurlers that were being feted as the power behind Tipps glorious march to a Kilkenny like haul of all-irelands over the next few years.
If we win on Sunday, the fallout in chipp will be epic.

If we lose, no big deal. It’s been a great run and we had to miss out on a final eventually.

Kk should win it pulling up

How are Tipp going to go about their business in this one?

O’Brien’s playing? Condolences to his family.

Does anyone know how Eoin Larkin did in the leaving cert? This may have a fundamental influence on the outcome.

Tipp by 3.

I hope they both lose.

As I said in other thread this Tipp lot are criminally overrated. Kilkenny whilst not as sharp as recent times are still a 4 point better team than them imo.

Henry back on the frees will be the difference.

Overrated how? They’ve been in the last three AI Finals and are Munster Champions for four out of the last five years. Kk are the only team that have been better than them in this period and Tipp have put it up them each time. KK might be a better team and may win on Sunday (Tipp will need at least two goals to stop this happening) but to say Tipp are overrated when they are contesting the AI Semi for a fifth year in a row is a bit beyond the pale.

From reading various forums and media it seems the only thing we can be sure of is that whichever team loses is finished, FINISHED.

Fact.

End of.

Etc.

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 702819”]

Overrated how? They’ve been in the last three AI Finals and are Munster Champions for four out of the last five years. Kk are the only team that have been better than them in this period and Tipp have put it up them each time. KK might be a better team and may win on Sunday (Tipp will need at least two goals to stop this happening) but to say Tipp are overrated when they are contesting the AI Semi for a fifth year in a row is a bit beyond the pale.[/quote]

Have to agree, one poor performance in 3 years from a relatively very young team hardly makes them over rated. I think the dislike for Tipp people in general clouds people’s judgement on them, much like the fantastic Cork footballers.

That Tipp team in form are better than the present KK team all things being even.

Having said that I have only seen either team once this year so I’m slow to predict, but I’d say it’s Tipp tentatively assuming they have been building towards this game more than any other.

Tipp by 7.

Margin based on the fact that Tipp have to play to potential to win, things have to be going well for them. But if that happens I feel the pace will catch up with KK near the end and Tipp will burn them late.

They played 2 good games against KK thats all and the 2nd year KK were ravaged by injuries. When Kilkenny returned to full compliment last year the gulf between them was evident.

Whichever team wins is also finished. FACT

There’s a new sheriff in town :cool:

:rolleyes:

was reading the indo at lunch were they were allocation points to the various areas of defence, midfield, forward and subs to try see who is the btter side. A 2 point swing in the depth of Tipps bench swung it their way by 1 point.

and as much as it was a shit article it for the first time started swaying me towards Tipp. The players they have to bring on are better than Kilkennys bench at this moment. No doubt a lot of thos KK lads will be decent in a while, but a lot of them are untried at this level, whereas Tipp some class players to bring on when necessary. The old cliche of goals win games I’m sure will be uttered after this one. If Kilkenny can get a few early and dominate, then Tipps bench wont even make a difference. But I’m not convinced of KK this year of being able to do that. I’d expect it to be a close game, and that Tipp might pull away in the last 10 when they make a few changes.