Aiden McGeady today

No chance he’d go to Newcastle.

I think there’ll be bids for him this summer but Celtic won’t be keen to sell and I don’t think he’ll want to leave yet. He’s enjoying his football and he has spoken about wanting to stay at Celtic for a few more years and I think he’ll do that. He may be on his last contract though, just hope that if and when he does leave, he goes for a fee and not on a free.

Also I’d love to see him go to Germany or Spain or Italy or somewhere. Not being anti-English or anything but he’s good enough to play for a top continental team and it would make a pleasant change to see someone better than Ian Harte trying their luck on the continent.

From celticfc.net:

nakamura’s praise for ‘genius’ mcgeady

SHUNSUKE Nakamura swept the board in last season’s Player of the Year Awards, acknowledged by his peers, Celtic supporters and the Scottish media as the outstanding player of 2006/07.

And launching this year’s PFA Scotland Player of the Year Award, Nakamura identified a number of his team-mates as contenders for his crown.

Not surprisingly, the name of Aiden McGeady was prominent in that list and the Japanese playmaker was full of praise for the young Irishman.

“I knew he was a really good player when I arrived but he has improved a lot,” said Nakamura.

“I think he is a genius. When I first arrived at Celtic, I was very surprised that he was only 19. I didn’t think he would be that young. I wasn’t that good when I was 21. I keep trying every day to be a better player but I think Aiden has the natural ablity.”

Other Celts in the running for the PFA Award, sponsored by the Royal Mail, include Scott McDonald, who has already netted 25 goals for the Hoops this season and has proved to be a superb acquisition for the Scottish Champions, while Artur Boruc has enjoyed another outstanding season.

The PFA Scotland Player of the Year Award is voted for by the players, though they are not allowed to vote for one of their own team-mates.

While not revealing who will get his vote, Shunsuke Nakamura did reveal two players who could have been vying for his endorsement – defender Alan Hutton, who moved from Rangers to Tottenham in the January transfer window, and Barry Robson, who joined Celtic at the same time.

“He (Hutton) was on the other wing from me but I thought he was very offensive,” Nakamura said.

“He’s strong, has a physical presence and is a really clever player. You don’t see many full-backs like him. He would have been my choice but he’s gone so I’m still thinking about who else to pick.

“I thought Barry Robson was really good at Dundee United. When I watched him I thought Celtic should buy him and they did.”

The nominees will be announced at the start of April, with the winner announced at a dinner later that month.