Airports Are Becoming Like Shopping Centres Thread

On excellent advice from Sledgehammer I’ve decided it’s a good idea to start this thread.

Dublin Airport is more like a shopping centre than an airport of late. You can buy a three piece suit, a bit of smoked salmon or a digital camera but try to get a seat if your flight is delayed a few hours, not a fucking chance. What ever happened to airports having a just pub, a newsagent or two and a place for cheap fags and liquor? Why in God’s name would somebody want to buy a novelty tie by the B gates, for fooks sake!!

It’s still not as bad as the U.K. though. On my last flight from East Midlands the gate information for said flight was not yet released on the screens, while I waited for the gate information to be released the departure screens suggested that I shop and relax. I decided on the latter, but couldn’t find a fooking seat:mad:!

Didn’t know where to put this.

Not sure if I’d buy this though with all the aviation fuel around.

@Batigol

You get to work with this fella? An internal COTY comp surely see him romp home?

images (7)

I’ve only had to deal with him directly a few times. He’s a bit of a “character” alright but I must say, he was dead on any time I’ve interacted with him.

Could be hamming it up for the cameras so as comes across as a collosal cunt!

While keeping beneath the cloak of anonymity, you ever get your beak on the show?

Ah yeah I’d say he likes the limelight alright and his and my questioning tactics would be different, but he’s actually grand to interact with in passing

You make a guest appearance on the show?

No

@Bagitol

Take a bow son.

Putting a good 50,000 people through the airport this morning with a staff of 11.

Albeit it takes a solid 4 hours from joining the queue to getting in the plane.

Thinly veiled “my picture is in the paper today and I expect to be ushered through a VIP gate as a result.”

3 Likes

This is currently unconfirmed.