AISHF 2014: Limerick v Cork

Just thought I’d start it anyway.

We may or may not beat Kilkenny. Cork will beat Tipp.

Limerick for Liam.

This is the way i see it panning out.
Cork v. Limerick = Limerick win AI
Cork v. KK = Cork win AI
Tipp v. Limerick = Tipp win
Tipp v. KK = Tipp win

Now that might indicate that Tipp are the favourites, but i think Cork are cos i think KK will beat themselves to a pulp to beat Limerick and Cork will have too much for KK.
However the major spanner is this Tipp team has talent, but they are easily drawn of confidence. If they manage to beat Cork i think they are unstoppable.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 991361, member: 273”]This is the way i see it panning out.
Cork v. Limerick = Limerick win AI
Cork v. KK = Cork win AI
Tipp v. Limerick = Tipp win
Tipp v. KK = Tipp win

Now that might indicate that Tipp are the favourites, but i think Cork are cos i think KK will beat themselves to a pulp to beat Limerick and Cork will have too much for KK.
However the major spanner is this Tipp team has talent, but they are easily drawn of confidence. If they manage to beat Cork i think they are unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

Kev… it can’t be underestimated how poor Dublin were on Sunday, it was shocking… And Tipp made hard work of it for 50/55 minutes… They actually got their first goal against the run of play, Dublin had been enjoying a good 5-10 minute spell and it would have been interesting if they had put away that peno. The game all but ended when Tipp goaled.

Right now i’d have Cork favourites, followed by KK. We will talk again after the semi finals, as we will really see where teams are at then, at the moment there are still a lot of question marks over all 4, maybe Cork less so and that’s why I have them favourites. But there can be cases made against the other 3 in regards the opposition they faced to date…

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 991369, member: 1796”]Kev… it can’t be underestimated how poor Dublin were on Sunday, it was shocking… And Tipp made hard work of it for 50/55 minutes… They actually got their first goal against the run of play, Dublin had been enjoying a good 5-10 minute spell and it would have been interesting if they had put away that peno. The game all but ended when Tipp goaled.

Right now i’d have Cork favourites, followed by KK. We will talk again after the semi finals, as we will really see where teams are at then, at the moment there are still a lot of question marks over all 4, maybe Cork less so and that’s why I have them favourites. But there can be cases made against the other 3 in regards the opposition they faced to date…[/QUOTE]
Ya i agree really, i think Tipp are being judged on the past by the media etc, i think they are just above and actually rate them No.4 of the 4 remaining. However one win can change a team. Clare were probably at the same rating this time last year.

Good consistency of opinion there.

As Choco said it should not be understated how absolutely wretched Dublin were. They couldn’t even strike it properly. I’d fancy Cork to take them with a bit to spare.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 991386, member: 332”]Good consistency of opinion there.

As Choco said it should not be understated how absolutely wretched Dublin were. They couldn’t even strike it properly. I’d fancy Cork to take them with a bit to spare.[/QUOTE]
where is the inconsistancy you sarcastic cunt?

Read what you posted you lepjack.

Ya, whats the issue? I think Tipp are 4th favourites, but i believe they are the type of team that if they pulled off a big win against Cork they’d take alot of stoppping. However i don’t think this will happen. There is logic to that. Clare were compareable. Before last years semi-finals nobody was talking about this Clare team as the saviours of hurling and all this lark, in fact most expected Limerick to beat them.

Thinly veiled I’m covering my bases and any team that beats Cork are automatically unstoppable because Cork are great unless they meet Limerick just in case Limerick beat Kilkenny which I don’t think can happen anyway.

All in all an absolute clusterfuck of a post which is classic Kev.

Cork by 8 after a replay

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 991369, member: 1796”]Kev… it can’t be underestimated how poor Dublin were on Sunday, it was shocking… And Tipp made hard work of it for 50/55 minutes… They actually got their first goal against the run of play, Dublin had been enjoying a good 5-10 minute spell and it would have been interesting if they had put away that peno. The game all but ended when Tipp goaled.

Right now i’d have Cork favourites, followed by KK. We will talk again after the semi finals, as we will really see where teams are at then, at the moment there are still a lot of question marks over all 4, maybe Cork less so and that’s why I have them favourites. But there can be cases made against the other 3 in regards the opposition they faced to date…[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Dublin were terrible. Tipp were bad but Dublin were really bad.

The Cork challenge should bring the best out of Tipp.

[QUOTE=“ProjectX, post: 991526, member: 1742”]Agreed, Dublin were terrible. Tipp were bad but Dublin were really bad.

The Cork challenge should bring the best out of Tipp.[/QUOTE]

Dublin were poison.

I cannot see Tipp beating Cork. Cork were missing a little bit of extra quality last year to get get them over the line against Clare. They’ve since added that extra quality in Walsh, Cadogan and Cooper - three serious additions to that team. William Egan can’t even get into the team such has been the form of another newbie Mark Ellis.

Tipp are capable of beating Cork yes, but I just can’t see it. They are lacking something. They’re lovely to watch and can take their scores but Cork will being a physicality that Galway, Offaly and Dublin (surprisingly) didn’t bring. And we know Tipp don’t face up well to physical challenges. Their inability to field high ball would be another concern I have. Cork will have no such problems.

The only thing that will scupper Cork would be the 5 week break - Tipp have played another 2 games in that interval. It will be interesting to see how they react to it.

Chris Joyce has been dropped…?

Sorry, I ment William Egan. I always get them mixed up.

Gary Birtles Lovechild are you that Fireball 07 fella that posts on Boards.ie?

Kk favourites in any given game, so kk favourites. Limerick, having said that, are well able to beat them. The only constant is that kk will turn up. Whoever beats them will have to do the same, which is no racing certainty. Limerick look the best of the four.

If Limerick weren’t Limerick I think they’d be near enough favourites for the All Ireland in everyone’s eyes after the last day and certainly favourites to beat a KK team, on the wane, which has beaten no one of note this year and looked pretty average while doing so.
Limerick are however unfortunately Limerick and as such people will rightly be skeptical.

I however believe that this Limerick team is different. This team has steal. We will conclusively end the period of Kilkenny superiority once and for all.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 992095, member: 332”]

I however believe that this Limerick team is different. This team has steal. We will conclusively end the period of Kilkenny superiority once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Limerick always had steal