AISHS Limerick v Kilkenny-The Game to unite the board

Limerick Tipp final.

This is a Kilkenny team tottering on it’s last legs for over two years now. Impossible to countenance anything other than an 8 point+ margin for Limerick.
That said, Limerick could eviscerate them, handing down a 20+ point trouncing. Anything nearing KK (+8.5) at evens is stealing money…

ah yea, Kilkenny are far better than any of the other shit in Leinster, and they will be a lot more competitive, it may even be a close game, but at this moment in time, Limerick are a far superior hurling side, Kilkenny’s only hope is to drag it down to their level of a few years ago, pulling and dragging and fouling

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 990561, member: 246”]This is a Kilkenny team tottering on it’s last legs for over two years now. Impossible to countenance anything other than an 8 point+ margin for Limerick.
That said, Limerick could eviscerate them, handing down a 20+ point trouncing. Anything nearing KK (+8.5) at evens is stealing money…[/QUOTE]Limerick have that bit of confidence now, Kilkenny are like Muhammad Ali in the end, he didn’t know when to fuck off, still had the odd flash, but it was over long ago, they are in for an awful roasting at some stage, better off Limerick give it to them rather Cork for their own sake

A presicent analogy from Tassotti. Nail on the head there man…

This is a game that Limerick should be winning but there’s a lot of psychological baggage that has to be cast aside. The bottom line is Limerick have repeatedly failed to transfer their form from the Munster Championship and Munster venues to Croke Park all the way back to 1973. Since 1973, the Croke Park championship record is something like Played 15 Won 4 Drawn 1 Lost 10 - the wins over Antrim in 1994 & 96, and over Clare and Waterford in 2007.

Hopefully kilkenny destroy limerick. Another rout like the all Ireland final a few years would be nice.

What are you on about?

Tipperary made short work of Galway, and destroyed Dublin
Limerick annihilated Wexford

Kilkenny will give Limerick a good game of it but I can’t see them beating Limerick[/QUOTE]
Cant believe Kilkenny are so willing to bend the knee :o

second hand bandwagon available. Might need a bit of repair work, but ready to mobilise at the drop of a hat. Contact Wexford Co board for details. until then, all aboard the Limerick bandwagon!

Kilkenny will walk this… What with it being a home fixture.

Too late to grab the poor mouth card…Hours late…KK +8.5 are 11/10

We’re going to destroy the cunts.

A date has been made with my special lady. Roll on August 10th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYTaMM0lqRA

Will we throw some more tax payers money at the Dublin hurling project after today.:slight_smile: I knew Limerick would beat an overrated Wexford team no bother.Kilkenny will be a different challenge but i think the cats are in for a savage battle here.

If it wasn’t Kilkenny you would say they are a team on a downward trajectory but tradition and a habit of winning counts for an awful lot at this stage of things. They are used to going to Croke Park and winning. Vital Limerick get out of the traps early and don’t let KK develop a lead as KK are masters at finishing off teams before the game has even started. If Limerick can settle and play into it they have the movement and players to cause KK problems but that black and amber jersey does have an aura and an effect on a lot teams - Galway are the only team who don’t seem to respect it or fear it but haven’t had the players/application to finish things when they should have.

Wexford could have had 1-7 after 10 minutes yesterday quite easily- It’s a major concern.

The two goal chances early on for Wexford would be a concern - seemed as if Limerick full back line held their ground so players running from midfield once they broke half back line had space to run into

I would make half back line play deeper against Kilkenny at least early on so they don’t have that room to run into

saying that half back line playing up closer to midfield meant Limerick dominated on puck outs but on the odd occasion when ball broke away from them they were exposed

these things are all a question of balance and playing percentages and it is hard to fault Limerick yesterday as to how they set up and manager may argue that over course of a game you might give up a chance or two but it is worth it to dominate as they did in the middle

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 990863, member: 2272”]The two goal chances early on for Wexford would be a concern - seemed as if Limerick full back line held their ground so players running from midfield once they broke half back line had space to run into

I would make half back line play deeper against Kilkenny at least early on so they don’t have that room to run into

saying that half back line playing up closer to midfield meant Limerick dominated on puck outs but on the odd occasion when ball broke away from them they were exposed

these things are all a question of balance and playing percentages and it is hard to fault Limerick yesterday as to how they set up and manager may argue that over course of a game you might give up a chance or two but it is worth it to dominate as they did in the middle[/QUOTE]

You’re not hearing me- Kilkenny will batter the fuck out of us…

Hopefully we need it, gym memberships are expensive. :slight_smile:

So you’re agreeing with me then.
Do I still need a new angle or are you just dim?