Alex Ferguson Managerial Career Discussion thread

@Rocko it might be no harm to split the discussion on Pogba in here if you have the time.

I don’t think I can do it myself. I’ll respond to future ramblings of @Nembo_Kid on the matter in here anyhow.

1 Like

Dungeon

2 Likes

Ah fuck off

1 Like

Fixed the title for you mate

No lets not limit it to one supposed thing. He seems to come up quite a bit here.

Lee Sharpe
Anglo Irish Bank
Red…purple nose
World record
€? £? Who knows
Illuminati

@Gman can you discuss it here.

I don’t think there was a spate of injures, I could be wrong on that but Ferguson opted to play Carrick and Giggs in midfield and it worked. Once or twice he put Rafael in there and it didn’t, that was a mistake. United won the league with those two in midfield and Scholes coming out of retirement.

Yes, they won the league. They won the treble playing Wes Brown.

I’m not sure why I am letting myself get sucked into this!

1 Like

Move your inane ramblings here for the sake of those that wish to discuss Mourinho and not this particular topic.

Are you questioning why Ferguson chose to play the vastly experienced Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes in midfield pushing for a title ahead of a youth team graduate then I don’t really know what to say to you. And don’t forget that Ferguson claimed that United were aware that Pogba has agreed to sign for Juventus a long time before it was announced in June 2012. Why would he play a player that was leaving the club no matter what happened.

No one could accurately predict that Pogba would become the star he did as quick as he did. He did and those are the break when you stick to you guns. He did the same with Morrison and was vindicated on that.

Ah ya win some, you loose some. :slight_smile:

Lose - not win.

Loose - not tight.

2 Likes

His loose arguments caused him to lose the argument

1 Like

edit:

no, fuck this. its too much effort.

1 Like

Pussy.

I’m not a fan of banging my head against the wall.

Juventus and all their players predicted it instantly.

Mixed on the whole. Didn’t set the world alight at East Stirlingshire, sacked by St Mirren. Did better with Aberdeen and Man U. His spell at the helm with Scotland was a disappointment though at the 1986 World Cup.

• Ferguson fucked up letting Pogba go
  • Ferguson didn’t fuck up letting Pogba go

0 voters

1 Like

I voted no but the issue isn’t as black and white and you’re hoping to make out, as I’ve outlined previous.

Where have you pointed this out, pal?