Alex Ferguson Managerial Career Discussion thread

All I’m doing is providing evidence to back up what I stated.

The opposition keeps firing back speciation based on opinion so I’m restating the facts.

Simples.

Paris is the capital of France. Fact.

1 Like

© Charlo Spencer.

I’m glad you changed your avatar, mate. I thought @dodgy_keeper was you there for ages and I thought you were losing your marbles

1 Like

Have you responded to @Bandage’s fact based comparison with Ryan Giggs yet?

1 Like

Wait and see.

Once everyone can accept I’m on the right in this matter and @croppy_boy is acting like a doe-eyed child beholden to Ferguson’s reputation then I will walk away. I’m not having him talking this nonsense and not being brought to task on it, the more it is brought to light then the bigger a hit his credibility takes. I know it will end up dragging me down to his level, but so be it, I’m fucking right here.

3 Likes

Jog on you’ve been found out again.

You’re very happy to issue biased statements but unwilling to back them up with anything other than opinion or bluster. If people don’t agree with you it’s toys out of the pram time and you persevere in the hope that the opposing arguments will somehow change or grow weary of your bullshit.

1 Like

I’ll give you Giggs as an anomaly. He debuted in his 17th birthday in November and played two more games that season. His was in the first team two months shy of his 18th birthday but he’s an exception rather than the role.

West Brown got a few starts when there was an injury crisis as well. I used Nicky Butt as he was typical of Ferguson’s policy on transitioning players from the Youth team to the first team squad, like the other three mentioned.

The point I was making, and using those examples to back up, was that Ferguson was following the formula he’d used over 20 years in developing players from the Youth Academy. If he prompted Pogba for his Youth performances he could have used the same rationale for promoting Ravel Morrison and his naysayers would be having a field fay about own he failed to spot that he (Morrison) had his own issues.

Look I’m not blind in relation to Ferguson. He made many mistakes with regard to transfers (Cruyff and Poborsky for a start, I’d be here too long to mention them all) but on this one I don’t agree that he did anything other than make a call based on how he had handled the same situation for 20 years, with the exception of the Giggs case.

Some amount of shit being talked by croppy

4 Likes

You’re right, pal. Of that there is no doubt. @croppy_boy has too much invested in this to back down at this stage though and you have to admire his Ferguson like pigheaded stubbornness but he’d be better off just walking away from this and hoping everyone just forgets about it.

Wes Brown, Rafael, Lee Sharpe.

You are lying through your teeth, you simpleton.

2 Likes

Lying? If I was lying I would have made up statistics or not backed them up. As we’re having a discussion I’ll address those players that you’ve brought to the fore now.

Rafael: Signed when Gary Neville was coming back from a long term injury at the end of his career. He was fast tracked into the team to address this injury.

Wes Brown: Made his debut just beore his 19th birthday. He made 14 league appearances that season, mainly due to United battling on three fronts and the lack of options to cover for Gary Neville at full back with injuries to Henning Berg and Ronnie Johnsen over that season.

Lee Sharpe: He was playing for United at a time when there were few other options. Olsen had just left the club and Milne was bone useless. If anything his rapid transtion into the first team squad informed Ferguson’s policy on this thereafter. Ferguson almost made the same mistake in catapulting Giggs into the first team at a young age and he had to reign him back in after Sharpe, ironically enough, became a septic influence on him.

Do everyone a favour and do a bit of research to back up your wild statements.

:rollseyes:

You’d want to research that again

Here @Rocko, was the dungeon not designed for this type of pointless discussion?

Why don’t we just set up a poll to decide who has won?

4 Likes

I’ll start a new thread and @Rocko might be good enough to split the discussion if that helps?

so wait, the only reason Wes Brown (not currently being touted as the most expensive player in the world) was fast tracked was because of a spate of injuries and a lack of cover.

And it seems that is the only reason young players get fast tracked, because of a shortage of players or injuries.

But yet when there was a spate of injuries and a lack of cover in the position that Pogba plays, he wasnt fast tracked and other players were shunted into that position?

4 Likes

United were playing finished wingers, shit full backs, calling guys out of retirement when Pogba was there ready and available to play centre mid.

You’re clamping yourself there.

It’s apparent that Ferguson either underestimated Pogba or he was willing to let a future star walk out the door for nothing due to stubbornness, which was to the detriment of the future of the club. We can say that with relative certainty in hindsight - Ferguson fucked up catastrophicallyin relation to Pogba.

I called you out as a holocaust denier a long time ago. This is a further (or a fuhrer) vindication for me.

2 Likes

@Rocko should ban the two of them. I see no difference between this shite and the antics of HBV and Tassotti