All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Armagh won mate

I see that alright.

But, GAA.ie could at least update the score within an hour of full time

What was the final score?

That’s a nice trimming…have Armagh got the minerals to go all the way?

They have the minerals alright, but they’re not good enough.
They’d beat Galway and Derry

Draw prediction…based on the GAA not wanting to jeopardise a Dublin vs Kerry All Ireland semi final

Dublin vs Cork
Kerry vs Clare
Galway vs Armagh
Derry vs Mayo

1 Like

Use the app Score Beo. Scores and scorers update as they happen.
You’ll never use RTE again.

1 Like

bookmarked.

My predictions are
Dublin v Clare
Kerry v Armagh
Galway v Cork
Derry v Mayo

Galway v Armagh
Derry v Clare
Kerry v Mayo
Dublin v Cork

For bonus points the first two will be on Saturday week and then the bottom two will be the Sunday.

4 Likes

Nah

Dublin v Armagh
Kerry v Clare
Galway v Cork
Derry v Mayo

Galway Clare
Dublin Cork
Kerry Armagh
Derry Mayo

Would be attractive fixtures with AI semi finals then being Dublin Galway and Armagh Mayo.

Armagh look a very dangerous side now and have serious momentum. They can score from just about anywhere and can play a varied and balanced game. They defend well also. They might lack a little depth or someone to bring in that can finish off a game. They are playing with a lot of Swag and for their manager. It is great to see McGeeney doing well. They will bring a lot of colour to Croke Park and it may well suit them.

Mayo look listless in attack. You’d be thinking is there some merit in playing likes of O Hora and maybe someone like Jordan Flynn instead of 2 conventional forwards given the energy they bring vs the annonymity of some of Mayo attackers. Play a very fractured and open game then. Kildare were well able to shut down Mayo forwards, with ease but their overly defensive and conservative style meant they invited Mullen, Keegan and Hession forward where they did a lot of damage. Hard to see how O Shea is viable going forward. They seem to rally when he’s not around. Cillian O Connor despite 2 late points looks laboured. I’m not sure any of Carr, Carney, Mchale or Omre would get on any of remaining sides teams yet they all featured on Saturday and were poor. Doherty was very poor. Only Diarmuid O Connor was effective with an honourable mention to Boland.

I’ll come back to some of other contenders tomorrow.

We are finally getting to the good stuff.
Kerry won’t want Clare or Cork. They need a test before AISF. Prime time to catch them too mind. Hard to see Mayo toppling them, but you’d never know with them they always play to the level of their opponent but I can’t see their forwards doing enough. Kerry Armagh would be interesting.

In horse racing parlance Derrys form lines took a hit today.

No point analysing Mayo.

If they bring the rage they can beat anybody. If they don’t they can lose to anybody.

They’d love a crack at Galway I’d say

If Kerry get Clare, dubs will be loving it and then prob get tossed by Armagh or Mayo