All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Burns will steal motm yet

Donegal will surely look to steal Malachy O’Rourke from under Meath’s noses.

Not a hope, garbage time scores.

Clare will get Kerry because Clare always get Kerry

Are repeat pairings from provincial championships avoided at the quarter final stage. If they are, that would be Galway v Mayo and Kerry v Cork.

Coach Donaghy has worked the oracle.

Should have buried another goal there for the laugh.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s lovely to see a proper football county who have had a long slumber suddenly awaken from it. We’ve had two this year now.

The balance of power in Ulster football has moved back to the wee six.

The way Armagh have announced themselves today is reminiscent of the 1999 Ulster final against Down.

That 5 minute meltdown from Donegal was one of the most remarkable implosions of recent times. They were after compleltey recovering from the early goal and were well on top and then, it just all went to shit.

Mayo in that game against Dublin is the only similar internal combustion i can think of

3 Likes

RTE seem to be able to pluck these mellifluously toned lady pundits out of anywhere.

RON what a baller. About time I got the double up kept getting 1/2

13 Likes

Dublin v Kerry 2016

1 Like

Great shout

Would Kerry v Dublin in 2013 count? They were leading going into injury time but think lost by 7 points …

Nah. Dublin just outlasted them. Dublin conceding three first half goals that day would be closer to the meltdown category.

And 2014 against Donegal.

A meltdown would have to be something that is largely self inflicted, whether by obvious individual mistakes or tactics being caught out rotten or an inexplicable collapse.

I’d throw two more into the mix, both involving Armagh.

i) Armagh v Sligo in the drawn quarter-final of 2002. Armagh had a man advantage and were six points up with 10 or 12 minutes left and inexplicably collapsed, they were gasping for the final whistle and a draw and Sligo should have buried them.

ii) Fermanagh v Armagh in 1993 in a replay. Fermanagh were eight or nine points up with only four or five minutes left. Fermanagh brought on some poor sod of a sub to give a run out to in defence and he didn’t know where he was. Armagh banged in three goals to win by a point. The Hollywood finish, sub Denis Hollywood scored two of them.

There’s one from the past. I’ve seen him in action actually, not last year or the year before now mind.

1 Like

The Dazzler is off to Italy for the 21s game so Des will probably call into Montrose on the way home The Boars Head to cover it.

Have you ever masturbated in the toilet of The Boars Head after one of the lads using it?

What a useless shower of cunts….

Why can’t they update the site?