All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Shane Walsh in the first game and David Clifford in the second, and kids in for a fiver - tis some great value. Would be brilliant for the sport if 1 of them 2 lads led their county to an All-Ireland after the shambles of a limited footballer like McGeary getting player of the year in 2021.

9 Likes

Shur Clifford didn’t even notice o’hora

Ah I’d say he noticed alright.

Why isn’t Kerry v Mayo on in the Gaelic grounds this weekend ? It would surely be much better for both sets of supporters ? You’d get an incredible atmosphere. It’s like the top brass in the gaa want the games to be awful.

Hurling all Ireland quarter finals ran off as double headers on a fucking Saturday. I just don’t get it at all.

They are basically telling cork, Mayo and Kerry fans to not to travel. Add in the potential of extra time too it’s very difficult for people to travel to the games.

From south Kerry it’s probably a four hour trek. The whole thing is very infuriating.

Lookit this lad flat-out ignoring me 6 hour round trip on Sunday ^^

You’d be talking 80 or 90 euro at least on fuel as well at current prices

If a couple were heading up together you’d be talking the bones of 300 quid between tickets, fuel and grub.

Like wouldn’t the gaa make more off a game in the Gaelic grounds ? It makes absolutely no sense.

I spoke to a lad who was the hurling on Saturday and it was soulless until late in the Clare game. Constant stream of people coming in and out of their seats during games. I assume at a double header they save a few pound so you could argue that.

Believe it or not but Sunday will be the first sell out in Croke Park since the 2019 Football Replay.

But wouldn’t two separate games make more? It’ll still never be more than 75 percent full and incredibly annoying to be at with people in and out of their seats.

The big problem with Croker is the premium seats and corporate boxes are guaranteed QF onwards + all Dublin games.

You’d imagine this could be sorted if these people were offered free tickets but that would take a bit of thinking.

1 Like

I agree totally.

The real great occasions are stand alone games where everyone is in an hour early and theres a real air of anticipation that isnt distracted by some curtain raiser.

The 2013 Tipp v Kilkenny Qualifier and the 2016 Kilkenny v Waterford replay would be classics of this genre.

1 Like

I was at the 2016 game in thurles. That was brilliant.

1 Like

An all time classic.

Replays were tremendous fun back in those days. They were all stand alone games too.

I’d say they’ll bring replays back maybe and cut the league or something. They’d have made some coin off a replayed Munster final this year.

1 Like

Last year would have been fantastic with Dublin v Mayo, Kerry v Tyrone and Cork v Kilkenny all drawing on consecutive weekends.

@Cheasty drew up what last years calendar should have looked like and it was unreal.

Imagine these two when they are actually old men.

20 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Belter

I’m sorry for actually caring that the gaa championships have been utterly destroyed by greed.