All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

The kerry gga fan seem to be the inverse of the munster rugby fan

Ewan and Fulvio debating the merits of the current football championship on Twitter it seems.

Armagh v Galway could be the game of the championship. A wildly unpredictable game. Their paths haven’t crossed very often at all in the past decade either which adds to the intrigue. Hopefully Galway don’t revert to defensive tactics on Sunday. Armagh have been a breath of fresh air this year.

1 Like

It’s forecast to be Marti Pellow this weekend. Wet wet wet.

Makes it even more unpredictable - and not just Galway v Armagh.

Derry vs Clare is the people’s quarter final

3 Likes

Nordie teams always shit the togs when they play against Galway. They can’t handle the step up to pure football. I dont see that changing much on Sunday

5 Likes

It’s ironic than perennial tog fillers Mayo had galway in the ha’penny place for so very very long

Galways mistake was letting Ulster footballs influence inside the gate. It took a while to draw the poison out.

2 Likes

Galway were pulling and dragging long before Tyrone. Tyrone just perfected it whereas galway lacked the brains to glean much out of it.

I never mentioned Tyrone

That’s ok. I did.

It should be but probably won’t.Im goin for a 0-10 0-09 win for Armagh in the rain.Armagh to make the AI final against a Mayo team who will have bet Kerry and Dublin and will lose the final as usual.

3 Likes

I’ll be throwing my lot behind the Galway footballers for obvious reasons…

I’m after watching the final episode of Derry Girls again there just to get me in the mood for tomorrow’s game.

Jesus I’m not well after it at all.

I know a crew from up near Bellaghy and it sounds like every man, woman and child up there is going to be in Croke Park tomorrow. Its great to see.

1 Like

I dunno now! I wouldn’t actually call Armagh’s style defensive.

1 Like

Galway seem to be getting a lot of players from that Mountbellew team - Michael Daly and McHugh could well have been in there as well if things had gone slightly differently. They are at risk of being caught for legs by Armagh in the middle third but if they don’t get exposed there then the fact they have the better footballers should see them through.

The Galway Armagh looks like a real 50/50 game, impossible to call a winner but I thought Armagh would make the final if they avoided Dublin/Kerry and I’m sticking with that

Rian O’ Neill, Soupy and Grugan are excellent forwards for Armagh. They’re playing a very attractive brand of football this year. I like the look of that inside forward line for Galway though. Finnerty, Comer and Walsh are all proper forwards.

Donegal made hay against them for 25 mins in the first half then collapsed

2 Likes