All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Yeah Donegal were kicking great scores from distance in that first-half. Armagh were getting very little traction in that exciting forward line for a while.

They thrashed Donegal by the end but they had help

Galway -v- Armagh should be a cracker

I’m not sure they have played against much yet in the championship this year - Soupy and Grugan have been around for years and years and have had many ordinary days when things were tight.
Galway look to me to have a nice mix of a dangerous inside line, a few lads who can kick scores from longer range and a couple of lads who are dangerous carrying the ball. But like every Galway side in every code, you can’t be sure they will put it all together on any given day.

All four qualifier teams have two games under their belts since the last time the provincial champions played four weeks ago.

I think it could lead to tighter contests than expected in the three games where there is a clear favourite.

I think Cork and Clare could put it right up to Dublin and Derry for 55-60 minutes but you’d expect a widening of the gap late on.

The closer it gets to Kerry v Mayo I think Mayo have a right shout. You’d still have to go for Kerry but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Mayo win.

Think Armagh will win by 3 or 4. They have unbelievable momentum built up and I think they’ll really fancy a crack off Galway.

Galway are motoring alright but they were motoring alright in several previous years too, including going to Castlebar and beating better Mayo teams, and it always came to a shuddering halt. I don’t think anything they’ve done so far this year merits an assumption they are any different to then.

Derry by 7
Dublin by 8
Kerry by 2
Armagh by 4

1 Like

In the predictor league I’m in I went for Derry by 6, Dublin by 12, Kerry by 4, Armagh by 1.

I would imagine that’s a good bit closer to the spread than mine. Not many poor bookies around.

Think Galway will figure out Armagh …

Would be a bit worried about Armagh’s defence but I think they can score enough at the other end. Something about them reminds me of Down in '91, it’s like the whole has thing suddenly clicked, they’ve a lovely mix of kick passing and running. They’ve got a huge amount of quality football under their them this year and have been very competitive all through while Galway were in Division 2. I can’t see them being afraid of Croke Park, they’ve already won there this year, while Galway don’t have a great record there.

2 Likes

No Jack Barry for Kerry?

Be great if Roy Curtis happened to arrive in the same cathedral of Porter

Eoghan O Donnell on the bench for Dublin today.

1 Like

I fancy Clare to beat Derry.

You fancy tims imaginary daughter

Con and Jamesie out apparently

Jaysus, Cork could beat the handicap so.

Not in the 26, big losses.

Dublin should still have way too much but much weaker bench without them. Will Eoghan O’Donnell see gametime?

I think Dublin will cover the handicap comfortably

Is it just me or is the camera angle unusual?