All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

The Dubs have reverted to Dessieball without King Con.

Cork dragged Kerry into the trenches for 50 minutes too but had nothing on the bench. Dublin win this comfortably by around ten points.

1 Like

Definitely added bit of physicality but we see how they going in another 30 mins. Ian Maguire has done well there in midfield and winning plenty ball inside but lack of numbers is hurting them

They cannot get enough ball into o Mahony the one fella who is a real game changer

1 Like

Cooper has been starting too many Dublin attacks and they’re way too slow…just short hand passes

We needed to nail a few more of our chances there, but it’s as good a tactical performance I’ve seen for a Cork side in years. Cathail O’ Mahony is just class. The problem is when we need to go after the Dublin kick out they could cut us open. We pushed up on one all half and it led to a score. A lot of Dublin players floating around doing very little.

1 Like

Don’t know. You look at that Dublin forward line and it’s not great on paper and hasn’t been great on the field.

Cork are getting a lot of shooting chances and doing pretty well on contested kickouts.

I’d fancy Dublin to squeak through but I think it could be close.

One of the best things about the breakdown of the great Dublin outfit - when he was surrounded by genuine class he used carry himself like he was of a similar standard but since the support cast has fell away he has been exposed for the very ordinary footballer he is.

1 Like

The inside line in general is getting a bit of change. I can see Hurley getting a goal.

1 Like

He’s just dreadfully average in everything he does. A midget who stood on the shoulders of giants.

2 Likes

A lovely summary

You’re right Con is carrying the thing but can just see Dubs opening up here as it wears on.

Dubs do lack class up top though as you say, theyre also very shotshy

Cork will need a goal by 50 minutes and to go in front. But I could see them get it. If Dublin go into the last ten minutes in front they should push on. If Cork get ahead you wouldn’t know.

Dublin aren’t beating Kerry either way.

Last point I totally agree, this is my first time watching them properly in a while. Underwhelmed but they still might put a good beating on here.

1 Like

Oddly for a team with so much winning experience, I suspect this Dublin team are weak mentally as a unit and gettable. Deep down they know the league wasn’t a blip and that without Con they lack the class to go alongside CK up front.

Whether Cork can truly go after them in this half is another matter

1 Like

Stupid foul.

You have a splendid memory.

Fouling Niall Scully, it’s hard to credit it.

A bit of the fizz going from the Cork challenge here

Very much a soccer element to the crowd in Croke Park today, you don’t like to see it or hear it

I wouldn’t be shocked if Mayo took out kerry tbh