All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

In fairness to him, he gets an awful lot of stick. In reality Mayo just are not good enough.

It is, was it is.

Pat Spillane cutting to the chase. Mayo forwards not good enough.

Like him, Mayo aren’t good enough. They knew it especially last year when they let that dreadfully average Tyrone team walk over them

3 Likes

Has this cunt been arrested yet?

Mayo will get Conroy and ROD back next year but COC is a diminished force and the likes of AOS and Keegan must be near enough to the end now.

They’ve him already slipped back over the border into Largan

James Horan, simply not good enough

All four provincial winners make up the semi-finalists.

1 Like

Galway practicing penalties since December. That’s the CON ocular approach paying off

1 Like

After each previous Mayo team which reached All-Ireland finals faded away they went through periods of fatalism where they seemed to want to lose in humiliating ways.

These were:
1992-1995, featuring two pathetic All-Ireland semi-final performances against Donegal and Cork, a willingly pathetic performance in a Connacht final against Leitrim and a bloodless shellacking in a Connacht final by Galway.

2000-2003, featuring a wilful first round elimination by Sligo, a qualifier defeat by Westmeath, a limp “we accidentally qualified for this and don’t want to be here” quarter-final defeat to a poor Cork team and a wilful qualifier defeat to Fermanagh

2007-2010, featuring a battering by Derry in the qualifiers, a “we’re in danger of winning this, back off” qualifier defeat to Tyrone, a self-loathing quarter-final defeat to Meath, and a humiliating dumping out by Longford.

The hope needs to die before it can grow again.

They’ll be back in 2026/27 with a new(ish) team, hope rekindled.

5 Likes

Horan’s biggest flaw was not giving AOS & COC the road.

Two incredibly negative players

4 Likes

What way you see Kerry dub going ? That was a great test for Kerry, one Dublin haven’t had (cc @Bandage )

I fancy Kerry I think. Presuming Con is back it should be close. Dublin are now the untested (cliché) team.

Armagh have outstanding, humorous supporters. It’s them I feel most sorry for.

But again, they did what they had to. Dublin have had poor moments in games too but it wont be as highlighted. Similarly, Dublin have coasted to the semi final, the performance of both Kerry and Dublin the next day out wont reflect any of their previous games. Both know how to play when they need to.

Kerry v Derry for me. I was in the Davin yesterday and even though it wasn’t a proper test, i felt Dublin were a bit limited.

That great Mayo team is well and truly finished now.

For the first time in maybe a decade I think they had neither the belief nor the stomach for battle. Seemed resigned to their fate very early on.

Could be the end for some of their stalwarts now. And what’s there to replace them doesn’t look much. All these forwards like Carney/Kearney, Boland, McLaughlin are just much of a muchness. Average.

3 Likes

I wonder would this be the first major sporting final where the names of the two teams/players rhymed perfectly?

Hard to envisage a major sporting final between Cork and York or Dublin and Lublin.

I don’t know how you come to that conclusion - Dublins league campaign went under the microscope… even more bizarre when you consider it was without king Con and James macarthy only came back for last few games …one thing is playing bad or within yourselves but being dispossessed of the ball so easily is a different thing …

A forklift will be crashed when this is seen

1 Like