All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Hard luck to Armagh today. They fought hard, never gave up and their supporters can be rightfully proud of their part in the most epic game of football ever played. Absolutely sickening to lose like that
Why not just throw the ball in if level after extra time and next score wins? I thought McCabes red was on the harsh side. It was more mistimed than dirty, there were plenty of off the ball incidents that were stronger cases for a straight red imo. Thats never a red in hurling
Nugent and Kellys reds were obviously a joke and both will be recinded on appeal. The rat gouger should make a public apology, failing that he desrves to be banned for a year at least.

It was a bruising physical encounter, there were broken bodies everywhere by the end. I think Armagh were surprised by how Galway stood up to them today, try what they might Galway gave it back to them in spades. Galway were the better side, stupid moments cost them, Dylan McHugh sleepwalking to cough up posession which resulted in an Armagh point that probably should have been a goal, Shane Walsh kicking straight back to Armagh when all he had to do was run down some clock and game over, and Gleeson dear lord but wtf. He needs the most work although his kickout were spot on today for the most part.

For all its physicality the scores taken by both sides were outstanding. Some real class footballers on both sides and both teams look like being a real force for the next few years. Armagh need help for Rian o Neill, if he’s not in the game they will struggle on the big days. Why isn’t Jemar staring, he looked nifty as fuck. We love to exaggerate things on TFK but make no mistake RONs free today was one of the greatest scores ever seen in Croke Park.

Before todays game I would have said the same for Galway re Shane Walsh but I think some players came of age today, Teirney, Finnerty and Cillian McDaid stood out. Johnny Heany pops up with another goal too, such an underrated player. We will need more from Walsh, Comer and Conroy the next day.

They will go on about the fight but take the gouging out and there was fuckall to it really. This great game, had it all, a game for the ages. I do feel bad for Armagh losing the manner they did but the better team is going through to the All Ireland Semi Final. PJs army marches on and it is only better and better they are getting.

24 Likes

Kerry v Galway.

The final the football purists and TFK wants.

9 Likes

I don’t agree this is the end. They were missing their 2 best forwards today in Contoy and O Donoghue. New manager and they will be back competing next year. I doubt anyone bar kevin mcloughlin will retire.

1 Like

Kerry would turn it dirty

I thought Paul Conroy had an excellent game today. Himself and McDaid out around the middle gave Galway every platform.

1 Like

Thought he was very patchy actually. If Galway are gonna win an All Ireland they can’t afford him fading out of games a la a Ciaran Whelan. He’s better than that.

1 Like

This. Conroy, Comer and Walsh were all solid 7s today but need them to be 9/10s to win an All Ireland

Daly, the Kellys, Finnerty, McDaid, Tierney were all immense. Galway are going places.

Nah. They’re not

Derry v Kerry final with Derry to win it !!

Surely the one everyone wants now. An iconic final. One even spud hockey fans could buy into.

1 Like

They are, they’re in an All Ireland semi final. Where were you today?

The all time Top scorers in the hurling and football championships have a total of Zero celtic crosses between them. By god

When you spend a fair amount of time opening and closing back doors, you rack up a fair amount of scores.

2 Likes

We can all get behind it

Easy to potter off a few against the leitrims, wicklows and tipps of the world

I probably replied to the wrong gobshite comment. I was at my local GAA pitch watching my club getting hammered. Where were you. We could have had coffee.

Fuck off McStay you uncle tom cuntflap

I was the nippy corner forward doing all the damage

1,000 unread posts. The Armagh support was something else.

3 Likes