All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

46 I make it.

So to answer your question.

Yes, Limerick does have more clubs that play football than Donegal.

40 clubs in Donegal according to this and 1 is hurling so 39 really.

2 Likes

Great to see Gaels at the top of the @Copper_pipe rankings :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The prize for finishing top of group 1.

1 Like

I don’t think so.

I think it just leads to more open games and for example Limerick’s best chance in a game against Kerry is not going out and playing them in an open game. It’s making it tight and claustrophobic for them and that doesn’t happen when there’s so much more space available.

Quality of football hasn’t really diminished in recent years, it’s probably better than ever. What’s weakened is lack of competitiveness. Games have been foregone conclusions, hammerings dished out to teams. There’s nothing worse than seeing a naive team come out and try and go toe to toe with a much better team, they will get slaughtered - like the Tipp Mayo game last year.

But less clubs than Tyrone for instance and more of a say on the football Championship.

They have double the say Donegal have on the Football Championship.

Is there anything to stop the delegates going in and voting against what they were mandated to if it’s a private ballot?

Shur that show its usually done in these things! Either that or lads duck off to the jacks during the vote.

1 Like

I know that . My point is that the troubles actually coincided with Cavan’s decline as a football power

Everyone knows Warwickshire are the real powerbrokers in that group. Cc: @Plastic_Paddy

1 Like

Have ye only two teams with B teams?

You missed Knockaderry

Only two reserve teams in the Junior Championship.

There’s a full reserve league and championship to though so every club has a reserve team. Errigal and Coalisland have a B team in the Junior Championship and then a thirds in the reserve.

1 Like

I blame the website.

Easy missed infairness

How and why are Errigal’s second team Junior?

Did they qualify for it by winning the reserve or something?

Errigal and Coalisland actually have 4 teams, 1 in junior and senior and 1 in Reserve Div 1 and Reserve Div 3.

There’s a slight crossover between them, seniors and reserves are linked - it’s there really to give extended senior panel members games.

Errigal and Coalisland are the clubs who would be well able to field 50-60 players at senior level thus they are able to entre two squads of ~30 that operate between the senior and reserve and junior and reserve.

The Errigal reserve team would beat it’s team that plays in Junior League for instance.

It’s like 1A and 1B and juniors are 3A and 3C.

It’s great way for keeping lads from falling through the cracks.

1 Like

So Errigal’s best 30 players make up its Senior and Reserve 1 teams and number 31-60 play Junior & Reserve 2?

Surely players move up and down as season progresses with injuries etc?

I’m not sure of the exact numbers and criteria but yes along those lines.

X amount of players entered for senior and senior reserve.

X amount of players entered for junior and junior reserve.

Errigal are a very big club though.

1 Like

Mayo says NO

Be gas if it changed and they win it.

1 Like