All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Monivea Abbey.

Sorry mate. Just catching up. Im away with mrs J for the night. If it means anything to you, i like Armagh so im happy to let the gouge go.

O’Shea & Cillian O’Connor should be moved on aswell.

If they were wearing Clare jerseys he’d be defending it. A plonker.

1 Like
7 Likes

John Divilly seems like a thoroughly sound aul sort…

2 Likes

What would the Armagh song have been?

There’s one fair county in Ireland

@Cheasty were you drunk last night? Sending off the two captains because they are captains :joy:

It’d be classic gaa but I don’t believe they would have time or the inclination to arrange that.

Horrid 2nd half performance from Mayo yesterday, to be on top for the first 20 mins of the half and to waste so many chances was a real throwback to pre-Horan teams.

No getting around that ROD and Conroy were big losses, as were Harrison and Plunkett, a good long break and probably a new voice is what the team needs. McLoughlin will probably call it a day, Doherty too. Keegan was out on the pitch with the kids for a while after, I really hope he stays on as he’s still top class.

3 Likes

The rugbification of football is now complete.

Going after a player’s job on social media :grin:.

1 Like

The very public witch hunt of the dopes singing a song at an Orange lodge won’t end well, he’ll in a handcart
Woke/antiwoke, left/right, etc etc etc, doesn’t make any difference, everybody is angry over something and now we have all the weapon we need in the palm of our hand :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The GAA have responded quickly to the ugly scenes at the end of Armagh - Galway.

An overnight emergency meeting of the top brass took place and proposed suspensions have been handed down to the following.

• Austin Gleeson
  • Gearoid Hegarty
10 Likes

At least the hurling boys are cute enough to wait until they are in the tunnel. No one saw the Clare selector kick off or Tony Kelly throwing a headbutt so no one is going after their jobs thankfully.

5 Likes

Of course, an inevitable by-product of yesterday’s fuckology is that Sean Kelly is now nailed on as the All-Star full-back.

He deserves one anyway, but yesterday will ensure it.

While I was mainly busy hopping my programme off every Armagh fucker I could see, I thought the Mayo game was so Mayo like and equally so un Mayo like. Ye had so much of the ball and were arguably the better side for 50+ minutes, there was just this strange flatness to it all. Maybe it was the fact that it came after the nonsense match that was before it, but the wides obviously fucked ye, that’s what was so Mayo like. But the spark that gets Mayo going was never lit either and the modest enough Mayo support (by Mayo standards) there seemed resigned to it.

Yesterday felt like the end of the road that started in 2011.

3 Likes

Yeah there was a palpably strange vibe, even in the first half when Mayo were going well. Clerkin wrote about the damage the Tyrone loss did earlier in the week, you could feel it all year.

1 Like

Maybe a resignation that with the absences the path was too difficult. Hard to envisage beating Kerry and Dublin back to back with a depleted lineup

2 Likes