All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Eamonn Sweeney wants Armagh cancelled

They should be banned from any further participation in this years championship

1 Like

I didn’t realise cian o neill was involved with Galway until yesterday. It’s going to be tough for fulvio to accept the result.

You wouldn’t recognise him in a shirt that fits

I had a great day out.

I like to position myself as close to the subs benches,/managements as possible in Croke Park to get an up close view of the razzmatazz and pandemonium. Star was tremendous fun there yesterday pleading with Geezer to revert to Route 1 long ball which worked brilliantly for them.

@Fat_Pox was saying Galway need to bring back Big Bernie Power and i think he might be right. Keepers are sitting ducks some times but Gleeson probably didn’t show enough authority dealing with those ones yesterday.

I gave a quick look over my shoulder to the RTE Box when Rian O’Neill kicked his free and McConville’s reaction was great. He’s really invested in his nephews career.

I must look back at the row again. Croker had reached a real crescendo at that point so it was hard to take it all in.

Anyway I’d say Derry will beat Galway by about 10 points in the semi final. A part of me wanted Armagh to win yesterday because of the colour and noise they brought, but deep down i know Galway will be an easier game for Derry.

P.S. Penalties are an abomination in GAA. Imagine a replay of that Breffni Park or somewhere next Saturday?

11 Likes

Sounds fucking awful.

Apart from the eye gouging and the righteous punch was it not just the usual handbags?

6 Likes

Correct, mountain out of a molehill.

4 Likes

Looked to be. And I know that, by saying that, we’ll be accused of normalising it, etc etc. But there really was nothing in it (beyond verbals) until yer man put his hand in Comer’s face. I wouldn’t even have called it a melee, it was a load of people just grabbing jerseys. I saw somewhere people saying that other Armagh players were holding Comer’s arms behind his back to set him up for the gouge but that’s absolute bullshit of the highest order… in that situation, nobody expects someone to do that.

He should have the book thrown at him for the gouge, that’s up there with biting for me, a scumbag act that has no place in the game.

Anyone who threw a punch will probably be suspended too, even though yer man deserved it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the red card was overturned

A small bit of cop on is all that is required. That stuff needs to happen in the tunnel and under the stand.

Lads lads lads. The GAA are well versed in this. The two boys will be scapegoated, the reds rescinded, and we’ll be talking about hurling in a few days.

More worrying was the fact that we had only one decent football game in all 4 quarterfinals.

Semis should be good, but we’d be as well off going back to knock out and fucking the losers into the Tailteann.

Armagh are scumbags in fairness.

2 Likes

The mob demand a sacrifice…

Honestly, Kerry-Mayo probably would have been better if it wasn’t for the match on just before. It felt like it just needed the crowd to lift it, it was close for long periods, the underdog were having a right go, turning over Kerry. But the crowd never got into it, the wides at crucial times probably didn’t help.

Keegan will join the long list of great players not to win a celtic cross.

You don’t like Armagh, Fagan, do you?

Yeah a fair chunk of the Armagh crowd started to filter out after the first game. Although one of them told me he’d be home within an hour and 40 which surprised me. The attendance reached a peak of 71,000 in extra-time of the first game but by the time Mayo v Kerry had started the interest had waned. Even with a crowd behind them I think the absence of two much needed forwards (and Fionn McDonagh too) was too much of a loss for Mayo. Kerry were beatable for a fair chunk of it though before Killian Spillane came on and started giving an exhibition.

1 Like