All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

My issue is the first 6 weeks of the Club season are generally low-key group fare which won’t capture much attention or television coverage - and this is the exact window in late July/Early August where the GAA used to have huge exposure.

I wonder will TG4/RTE even bother showing a double header of shadow boxing between NAP/Doon/Kilmallock/Patrickswell in the TUSGG next August?

No TV Coverage of GAA in late July/August would be a huge own goal from the Association.

Round robin club championship matches are fairly grim as spectacles. They take up a lot of time too, an extra month at least. Tyrone still retains the straight knockout format as does I think Derry. The Tyrone championship is probably the most competitive and unpredictable in the country. To be honest I think you’d get more general interest in one round of 16 knockout round than in three rounds of round robin put together.

People are forgetting that club games will not be on tv next August and most of September as Ladies Football and Camogie will be in RTE and TG4.

Draw starting now on Radio One.

Connacht up first.

Quarter final - Mayo v Galway.

New York v Sligo

London v Leitrim.

Semi finals - Roscommon v Sligo/New York

London/Leitrim v Mayo/Galway

You’re fast

Leitrim will have to do it the hard way.

A Mayo Galway QF the money men will not be happy

The New York v London final is still on.

That game is to be on Easter Sunday apparently, the new schedule will take a bit of getting used to.

Neutral venue for that would be Reykjavik

Louth v Carlow

Laois v Wicklow

Offaly v Wexford

Dublin v Offaly / Wexford

Meath v Laois/Wicklow

Still wouldn’t be a game if they combined them

3 Likes

Leinster.

First round - Louth v Carlow

Laois v Wicklow

Offaly v Wexford

Quarter finals - Dublin v Offaly/Wexford

Meath v Laois/Wicklow

Kildare v Louth/Carlow

Westmeath v Longford.

1 Like

Nothing attractive about that.

Even Joanne couldn’t muster any enthusiasm for that draw. She threw in “Wexford gave Dublin a close game this year” but it was said out of politeness.