All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

All 4 outsiders are value

Cork beat Louth, Limerick round after. Handy path to quarters.

Was the draw made for round 2 today as well or how do you know Cork would meet Limerick?

I am saying if Cork do draw Limerick they are into last 8.

Mad, feels like more

I wouldn’t be so sure

No Clifford this weekend.

Injured against Roscommon in a challenge match.

Interestingly Con O’Callaghan missed the entire League because of an injury picked up in a challenge against Roscommon.

We played Kerry alright in Limerick last saturday Morning. Hadnt heard of the injury to Clifford though. Con got injured against us very early in the year thats true. Could be wrong but he might have made his comeback against us too in challenge few weeks back.

1 Like

Tessio loves Challenge Games.

Ha cant argue with that we have played Dublin Donegal Armagh and Kerry since the sligo championship game:Dublin may have beem before Sligo actually but anyway loads of challenges

1 Like

I know you can’t read too much into a challenge game but how did ye go results wise?

Was hoping no one would ask. As u say cant read much into them but went nearly too well. According to the bro we were 3 points up against Dublin when first 15s were played. 3 20 mins in all games and last 3rd all ran the benches. Best Donegal by 5 or 6. Drew with Armagh. And heard we won by 2 and lost by two to Kerry by differnet people by either way little in it. That one brother didnt tog so didnt ask much

2 Likes

Howd it finish?

I’m very much undecided about Rossies v Galway and Derry v Donegal in my predictor comp. Sounds like ye’re going well anyway. Big improvement on last year. Tessio used to have a down year with Galway hurlers and then surge again.

The work of Stevie Poacher only seems to be coming to fruition now.

His style didnt suit the players we have but he was liked by the players. His time with squad was extremely limited with covid and he caught it himself or had to isolate for the 2 weeks leading into our championship game v Galway last year.Two other selectors we had were statues so at least he offered something. Total clearout then this year and they rate Luke Bree highly from what i hear. Ex sligo player who hadnt heard of until his appointment

1 Like

Contrary to opinions (Bookies and pundits) I’m predicting that the Rossies will give Galway pucks of it on Sunday. They’re trending at 2/1 currently and I’ll be on the bandwagon. Roscommon never feared Galway.

2 Likes

Same hard to call amd should be close but recent finals between us have often been one sided. Wouldnt be massive shock to see either side win by a few but nothing between us.
Were as strong as weve been in years. Little injuries so were either good enough or not but we wont improve much in next few years

Dublin will open up a tin of whoop ass on Kildare is my prediction

1 Like