All-Ireland Football Championship 2022

Kildare needed to be beating Westmeath by a bigger margin you’d feel. Dublin seem to have improved significantly since the league meeting in Newbridge. Is Dessie still in the Souness-Moyes category or has he evolved to Dessie Evans-Solskjaer @Cheasty?

Poacher is well known to be the biggest spoofer in football

3 Likes

I see they have nearly a better record in Pearse than the Hyde. I might go in for a tenner myself. Galway are Galway. Fuck knows

1 Like

Dublin are very dangerous looking. Back to basics

Have heard the same and listened to him speak on podcasts and wont disagree. So that will tell u how bad Roscommon set up was last few years if he was seen as a breath of fresh air. Not saying we will do anything but cunninghams selectors prior to this year were kit men at best. Clowns.
Poacher was liked because he had a basic understanding of the game while it was alien to our style. Complete new backroom team this year and we are i hope better. But as much as a prick poacher might be his time with Us Roscommon was limited and he was better than what we had at the time

Pearse Stadium holds very little home comforts for Galway. Strangely, both traditionally and recently they have a very good record in both Castlebar and the Hyde. I’d say they would prefer to play in either ahead of Salthill.

Hyde same for us. Galway have beaten us last god knows how many times in chamionship in the hyde and our two titles have been won in Pearse stadium.

Kildare will beat Dublin

Dublin by 10

2 Likes

Hopefully Daniel Flynn puts on a display. The amount of talk all year about Rian O’Neill, I think he is well below the quality of Flynn.

They will in their hole.

Both excellent to be fair. But Flynn on his game is similar to Shane Walsh and both are unmarkable when on their game. Can both be headless at times mimd you

Agreed, the stadium is of very little benefit to us. Strong wind coming from the Bay makes a lot of games a lottery. Last two Connacht finals there have been a wash out with Galway easily beaten in both games and a Roscommon crowd there that looked to be as delighted to be out of their hole of a county for a few hours as they were with the Connacht title they had just won.

2 Likes

They will you know

Flynn could score a worldy and then ballon the next 4 balls wide. However he has better supporting cast. Have a lot of time for Darragh Kirwan. He’ll be better than Flynn in time. Hyland good too and they’re against Dublins worst line. Just whether they get enough ball into them

I think Derry will beat Donegal handy. Donegal flatter to deceive every time

I dunno about that.

Hole of a county?? Its not great but dragging us to that kip in salthill is hardly a day out. Dont be jealous of Roscommon supporters because Galway are horrendous to follow the county team. Clowns following the stick fighting and the footballers get pathetic support

Rian O’Neill is a fine player but I’d have him below the standard of Walsh and Flynn. Talk earlier in the year in Ulster media that O’Neill is the best forward in the country, complete nonsense. It amuses me the way Ulster forwards like McCarron, O’Neill and McCurry get overblown, McGuigan will be next I suspect.

2 Likes

Kildare will down Dublin and then lose to Galway who will go on and win the All Ireland

1 Like

Would the Galway footballers not just play in Tuam? is it a kip?