All Ireland Football Final 2024

Iā€™m looking for one ticket if anyone happens across anything. Not for me but for the wife of an absolute gentleman Id love to help out if I could.

I have one ticket, but Iā€™m looking for four. Iā€™m also an absolute gentleman.

2 Likes

If you give me your one, youā€™ll still be looking for four, so we will be creating a spare ticket if you give it to me.

4 Likes

I went to both events. My dad and my uncle drove in from Rathfarnham and my uncle got so thick with the traffic he basically abandoned it near the bus depot heading towards Phibsboro. I cycled in from Rathmines and locked the bike up inside the fence in the cusack stand and was back home and showered and off again before they had even got back to their car. Double decker Dublin bus out to Punchestown then for Radiohead. Good few Galway jerseys knocking around the gig too

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be quite so sure

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/orange-order-bid-complete-drumcree-29592000

Galway must be returning tickets

https://twitter.com/McCoyNiall/status/1815710884771074092

Them fellas are just looking for a plausible excuse to meet up to watch the game on BBC, the brethren equivalent of a lad on here finding the Independent on his parents coffee table.

https://twitter.com/McCoyNiall/status/1815730025959747943

There are 80 clubs in Galway compared to 56 in Armagh, so itā€™s not a surprise to see Armagh clubs getting higher allocations on that basis. One thing is for certain, Galway clubs are not sending tickets back. When the wives of absolute gentlemen have @flattythehurdler sourcing tickets online for them, you know youā€™re in trouble.

1 Like

You know they are in trouble too

1 Like

You might be an absolute gentleman and still have no meas or association with the association.

Are you travelling yourself?

Galway is the GAA equivalent of Belgium. Youā€™re either a footballing Fleming or hurling Walloon, and few people speak both languages fluently. Galway City is Brussels. A mixture of the two traditions, but cosmopolitan with a huge population of non-natives, and not really reflective of the parochial heartlands of the rest of the count(r)y.

Portumna and Gort getting football tickets is nearly like Nenagh and Borris In Ossory getting them. As is Dunmore and Milltown getting hurling tickets when Galway are in a hurling final.

5 Likes

Bar a few anomalies, this is the way the codes are split across the county. North of the Eiscir Riada is football and south of it is hurling. Some additional categories have been added to provide context.

17 Likes

Well I wasnā€™t but somehow herself managed to miss her flight this morning. A Freudian slip I suspect, so Iā€™m a bit sickened, but now free on Sunday theoretically.

I sent out a feeler for you, but when I couldnā€™t get a Hurling one, itā€™s bad look outā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d say there is a good bit more serious hurling played above that line than football below it. Turloughmore, Ahascragh, Abbeyknockmoy, Pearses, Moycullen, etc. Might be missing a couple more. Canā€™t think of any serious football being played below it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say you have about 9 senior and intermediate hurling clubs north of the line in east Galway, but any football club south of it is junior. If the line was moved 5 miles north it would be close to being right.

3 Likes

You are. Carnmore, Rahoon Newcastle, and you forgot the Fohenagh part of Ahascragh Fohenagh. Similar to Ballygar, Barna Furbo also has had a decent tradition of hurling underage, thanks in no small part to the efforts of people like Cllr. Tomas O Curraoin.

Winning the U-14 City League title with BnaF was my hurling career highlight. We softened Cappataggleā€™s cough at underage too with a lovely ambush but the wheels came off after that once drink came onboard.

3 Likes