All Ireland Football Final 2024

Sorry yes McGuinness wasn’t captain. He was a sub as far as I know but didn’t feature. Not sure if he’d count for that.

There have been wonderful exponents of kicking the ball off the ground free takers like Bryan Sheehan, Dean Rock, Seanie O Shea but its a dying artform. And the reason why I believe is because of repetitive strain on the groin muscles and a condition called Oestitis Pubis. I’ve had it myself. Very sore thing. Same part of reasoning kicking tees were introduced so keepers could lean more on the quads to drive through the ball and not have to worry about elevation.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/denis_hurley/status/1817596544893210827?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like

He’s in elite company

No true, but for the sake of the game we need players to take them on. Arseing around hand pass city when a point down is pathetic.

Jim’ll fix it

You can give the impression of playing well now by picking up handy loose ball way out the field, going on a lateral solo run and hanpassing to another free man. Attempt a run into traffic or a diagonal footpass and you’ll be getting the curly finger fairly lively. Armagh worked a lovely set piece routine to win a mark at one stage in the first-half but Joe McElroy (iirc) kicked it wide.

2 Likes

He was sublime

A cunt of a thing. Definitely a factor I would agree. You’d destroy your hips kicking off the ground as much as an intercounty footballer would have to practice

How long did it take you to clear it up? Or did it ever go away?

Have a seen a few cases taken 12+ months

I thought Mulkerrin was well exploited by Armagh today. Conaty kicked some scores down that wing, and every time Mulkerrin attacked Armagh knew he was no threat and instead doubled-up on McDaid and Walsh. I don’t understand how John Daly has slipped so far down the order in Galway, he was a key man in the game in 2022 and would have at least gave Armagh something to think about with his ability to kick decent ball inside.

4 Likes

Given they’ve only two he certainly is. The county board did well by him too though.

In the semi-final every time Mulkerrin got on the ball he either went to pass backwards or carried laterally, twas signposted alright

1 Like

Both All Ireland winners unnecessarily wore their change jersey in the semi final when taking down the team at the top of the roll of honour.

Yknow as useless facts go.

1 Like

Good club player

1 Like

2 Likes

Conroy is as good a kicker from the hand in the country. Its effortless. I’ve no doubt he would have nailed those 2 longer range ones Walsh missed. Galway showed real lack of balls in going for shots themselves. Silke from 13 yards out. One of last plays of the game Galway keeper Gleeson breaks down opposition kickout. Several Galway players shirked responsibility before McDaid got turned over. Why not take the shot. If it goes wide theres still 40 seconds and a bit extra to push up on next kick out. Armagh were able to stay in their so called slots as you could hear and see them passing off the non “shooters”. Armagh probably didnt plan for Darcy as much as others and it showed but Galway didnt do enough of it and by others taking shots and making plays you afford more room for your marque names.

3 Likes

None of those Armagh boys were there when they won the Ulster in 2008, so it’s the safe to say that we have a unique situation this year where none of the All-Ireland football or hurling winning panels have provincial senior medals.

Armagh have come a long way from losing twice to Laois in the 2016 qualifiers or Wexford in the 2018 league. They were lucky that the outside noise didn’t force Geezer out. They played with a little bit more adventure this year while still having that resolute defensive system. Down achiever a rare feat by breaching it twice in the Ulster semi-final.

1 Like

Is that the witch who was marching with the orange boys?

2 Likes

They were lucky the county board stuck with him.

Great county player aswell,bar injuries