All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

afaik yes.

1 Like

In rooral areas, 1995 was the join line between old and “mod’ren” Ireland. Anything before 1995 was the 1970s. Anything after 1995 was the 1990s. The 1980s didn’t exist. 1995 existed in its own little island, neither in the 1970s, nor the 1990s.

What a flick by Clancy

Another stinker of a free by Cooney

1.17 to 0.11 : Clare pulled away in last 10 minutes when tbh Limerick heads dropped . Lk started well that day but things went pear shaped . Clare go a really soft penalty that turned the tide . Ollie baker was lucky not to walk and quigley kick a great chance wide but was blatantly fouled.

1 Like

That’s some goal

Some flick in fairness. All wrist

That’s a beautiful finish. Nonchalant as you like

Great goal

I watched the first half of the Dublin v Kerry 2001 draw in Thurles there in the last hour. I thought nothing could match Donegal’s terrible shooting efforts against Mayo in 1992 for sheer incompetence. I was wrong. Dublin trailed by 5 at half-time and it’s no exaggeration to say they should have led by six or seven points, such was their superiority in terms of posssession and chances. I sort of remembered from the time that Colin Moran and Dessie Farrell’s misses were terrible, but I didn’t realise quite how terrible they were. Moran had literally taken the ball from inside his own half and cut the Kerry defence to shreds, it would have been one of the all time great goals, he suddenly realised that as an open goal beckoned, all co-ordination suddenly left his body, and his finishing effort was like that of an 89 year old man with Parkinson’s disease. Dessie Farrell’s miss off the crossbar was miles worse than Ronnie Rosenthal. The worst miss in the history of Gaelic football.

It was but I would think Loughnane ate frank Lohan without salt over it

1 Like

PJ O’Connell had a great nuisance factor about him. Never stopped working and grafting, you would never have a moments peace with him. Awkward out too

1 Like

H’on Doyler

There’s barely been a ball struck cleanly in this match

Michael Coleman was a beast, some man to whip on the ball. I’d say he savaged many a player at club level.

3 Likes

A savage player. Would easily survive in today’s game.

Was Ollie Fahy a bit windy?

Jim Hames on now

Loughnanne has Clare fair revved up. They’re throwing themselves at everything

The ultimate centre-fielder of the time.

1 Like