All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Wasn’t that game played on a Saturday ??

It was

Weren’t the 3 replays on the saturdays

Only the final match was on a Saturday.

My main memory of the second match is that I came down with chicken pox, which was doing the rounds in a serious way at the time, during it.

1990 all Ireland hurling final on now .

1 Like

Why did everyone appear to use hurleys that looked far too long for them back then?

It was a tax wheeze

It was before the green craze .

Who was the first Hurley maker to introduce the bigger bas in the 90’s?

Justin McCarthy was managing Cashel King Cormac’s and these large bas Hurley’s became all the rage.

Jesus, Ger Cunningham had some belt of a ball

Watching it here - we didn’t play half as well as I though we did in the first half. Cooney aside our forwards missed a heap of chances.

Lane played well but spurned two goal chances that ended up going over rather than under the bar. Anthony Cunningham was a greedy bastard and hit a couple of ridiculous wides from way out the field.

Naughton was greedy enough himself and also hit a couple of bad wides, Hopper the same.

Eanna Ryan had a quiet enough first half and they really could’ve done with him getting on the end of a few of those scoring chances.

Ref gave them fuck all either in that first half but they only had themselves to blame for not being out of sight having missed a heap of fucking chances.

Backs were under a lot of pressure early on but were well on top going into half time. Finnerty took a knee into the head as he fell to the ground at one stage, would have been curtains for most lads but he was up again to catch one of the next poc outs.

I’m not going to watch anymore.

6 Likes

The great Denis Conroy in the Cork dug out !

1 Like

What station?

Eir sport 1

Cheers
:information_source:

Jesus I’m enjoying this. I was at the game and I haven’t seen it since

Lynskey made an impact .

Gerry Mc had no business on a Hurling field.

2 Likes

I think it was the early 00’s before they became widespread. The O’Connors had a lot to do with it. Were stars the first to start making them in Kilkenny or was there someone before that?

Has two more All-Ireland medals than all those Waterford dandys of the 00s.

1 Like