All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

I remember as a young boy (in the beginning of September) Tom getting plenty of grief for not reproducing his club form for Wexford. The Alley won an All Ireland title and they were dominant along with Rathnure locally until Oulart arrived on the scene.

Brendan Kelly’s sole contribution to the 1994 final was to try and one handedly reverse flick in to the net a shot along the ground by somebody else which was going wide. He didn’t succeed in this endeavour.

But only in the first half

A lot of truth in this in fairness.

Loser talk

Laffans goal a minute and a half later was no better

I’m sure Kilkenny goalkeeper Adrian Ronan also let a 65 or a long free straight into the net in the Kilkenny v Dublin game which was played on the same bill that day.

He wasn’t the only Kilkenny goalkeeper to do such a thing over the years either.

The Dooleys were textbook examples of male pattern baldness

Yabba Dabba Dooley

PJ O’Connell on his day was unplayable, ask Ciaran Carey

Is he a pikey Tass?

Clare Kerry 1992 on here

They had the 2013 replay last night. Looks as though they must only have a select enough number of games as both of these were only shown back in August

Poor old Jack O Shea was mortifyingly bad that day. No wonder he retired straight after.

Who managed Kerry that day ?

Mickey Ned

1 Like

They had given Cork a bit of a trimming but Limerick had ran them close enough I think. Wonder what price Clare were that day?

Limerick had Kerry on the rack in the 1992 semi but couldn’t nail them .

Hurling or football…:blush:

3 Likes

Kilkenny-Cork in the '83 AI final on Eir 1 now