All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Clare in Quarter Final of 2007…oh no wait, you’re right, traditional hurling county, my mistake.

I remember watching it with a great Limerick pal of mine. He was very pessimistic pre match but I told him Waterford would have no answer to Begley if he was played loads of ball into him.

He went to town that day. :clap:

Or maybe three weeks in a row had something to do with it too…all in all it’s great to see how Limerick hurling has went from strength to strength since. Dan is still banging them in by the way Richie

1 Like

So is Donie .

2 Likes

Ye will never get over that defeat. Waterford were cock sure of themselves & got their comeuppance. Tae in Mugs served.

And what were Limerick doing prior to the Munster Final, scratching their holes? Ye conveniently leave that out :roll_eyes:

Intermediate Limerick hurling though…

Same argument can be made for the Munster final that year

Waterford were over the hill by 2007. Even in 2006 it was late in the day for that team to win an All-Ireland. They were only waiting for someone to put them out of their misery.

The bottom line is that the Waterford full back line was porous as fuck . It has Nattin to do with 3 weeks . A depleted cork scored 4 in Munster semi , 3 in drawn game . Wd didn’t gas .

Eugene O Neill didn’t hit a ball in his 50 something minutes on the pitch in the 2001 final vs Galway. He threw out a few handpasses alright.

Like Dan last year?

Premier Intermediate to you mate, and every year of Senior Club Hurling from 2007 to relegation 2 or so years ago.

They weren’t playing Cork two weeks in a row beforehand that’s for sure

Amazingly that Limerick team went over a cliff edge once that year was over. Terrible in '08 and only got worse after that.

Dan got 9-9 in senior champions how many goals did Donie get? To paraphrase

Did Limerick not have Tipp 3 weeks in a row before the Munster final that year?

Waterford club must be at a poor standard when the likes of Dan and Mullane are still starting for senior clubs.

You can seethe away but the record shows that “Dan the Man” got none when it counted. And I would also point out that Richie said that “his heart went out to Waterford”. So don’t be so bitter about it.

No one got anything soft off Greg Kennedy who marked him thst day I think. Did Lar Corbett come on instead of him or am i way off?

Lar started and got 2 points. Brian O Meara missed out due to suspension. I can’t remember who replaced Eugene. One of the Toome O Briens maybe.