All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

There was no ambush, that Waterford team had the measure of Tipperary from 2002 to 2008. Tipp came from nowhere that year to win the League and Munster.

And still it was a 2 point game with abount 5 minutes to go . Limerick were average that day with an early bust , a fast goal after ht and the 2 late goals .

The late goal fest in the thurles Munster final gave Waterford a false picture of the gap with Limerick .

1 Like

Limerick were unreal for the first 20 mins and understandably their tempo dipped … their lack of experience showed second half and they allowed Wat lots of space and a way back in…

Thought the final whistle would never blow that day.

1 Like

Ah here he missed a step and AOS got a yard on him. Shit happens.

Galway getting the better of Kilkenny so far in 2012 All Ireland. Some goal by big Joe

1 Like

Barry Kelly having a fine game. Plenty of controversial enough calls, every one of them correct. I remember calling him all sorts of names for one or two of them at the time. Galway really blew this one.

2 Likes

Niall Donaghue was a fine player too God rest him

7 Likes

Galway really should have won it after the second goal from Niall Burke. The three quick points just before half time to cut a 7 point deficit to 4 was a real killer for Galway as well.

There goes Conor Cooney. Awful management

The period into half time was when that KK team was at its most dangerous, when they could either kill a game off or reel in a losing position

Absolutely. The real killer for Galway in that game though was Kilkenny didn’t have to do a lot to get those three scores. A few needless frees conceded and Galway dropping their level a bit. Kilkenny were very tentative that day after the Leinster Final hammering and were there for the taking.

Forgot Joe missed a free near the end. Some bottle to score the last one after that

1 Like

Shefflin for all the hailing of his performance missed two scorable efforts in the last 5 minutes .

1 Like

I’ve not seen the game since I watched it live but I thought Shefflin wasn’t as good as people said he was. I also thought Joe went missing for large parts of the second half. Would that be correct?

He was very good when Kk were struggling to be fair . He had those misses I referred to and pointed 2 penalties .

LK v WD AiSf 2007 on eirsport now

Commentary is shocking

I’ve the sound down.

1 Like

Any new slant ?

@iron_mike