All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Weird that this thread gets bumped this week.

I think I told the story at the time that I (like every other Limerick person in Croke Park that day) was having conniptions as the Galway fightback took hold and that there were 3 of Limerickā€™s finest haunty wans seated behind me. As Niall Burkeā€™s point sailed over to reduce the margin to a single point I was convinced it was 1994 all over again and I slumped sideways in my seat towards the aisle. ā€œYou alright love?, come on up here babesā€ as they hauled me back to something approaching upright.

Didnā€™t I meet two of them, for the first time since, in Patsy Nicholasā€™s last Saturday night!

9 Likes

Mission accomplished

Ah lovely

If ever a post summed up ā€˜New money, no classā€™ this is it.

Coleman and Fitzgibbon are anything but soft.

What or whoā€™s a haunty wan?

A good looking wan who looks gamey

1 Like

Didnā€™t Ciaran Carey say at the time weā€™d go on to win five.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an alternative history novel to be written in what would have happened had Galway somehow nicked a win that day.

2 Likes

Wow GIF

No Cian Lynch or Michael Fennelly in the starting teams on the particular years in question but an interesting debate nonetheless. A poll here could be insightful but gerrymandering by the Limericks might ensue.

By Cian lynch you mean Sean Finn?

Sorry was getting my Limerick All-Ireland final teams mixed up. Correct. Lynch and Peter Casey missing last year. Hannon and Finn for the most recent final.

it was less easy mix up the kerry 4 in a row winning team 1978 - 1981, the bomber missed one final through injury ditto kerry 1984 - 1986 bar John Egan retiring after 1984 well the team practically stayed the same

Micko didnt chop and change much

He should have held that policy with Ogie Moran

any year he moved Ogie Moran out of the 11 position , kerry lost 1976, 1977, 1982!