All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Treacys is an option, a long way out from Cork, and you’d have to sit at the bar and watch the tv though, but the grub is solid out for what you’re looking for.

Barring that, for Laois, for what you want, you’ll really have to go off the motorway for a bit. O Loughlins on Main Street Portlaoise is an option, but a bit off the beaten track perhaps, especially parking wise. The Killeshin Hotel is on the Dublin Road out of Portlaoise, TV’s and decent grub.

Fair play Mick. I only know 2 people traveling this Saturday. The time and venue is just not appealing to the masses at home.

I know very few going myself. I am told that a heap of junior championship matches were fixed for Saturday evening and underage games for Saturday morning. Will do well to have 2 to 3k from Clare at it.

You would almost swear Pat doesn’t want people to travel.

Some amount of shite in that.

:eek:

I didn’t enjoy the article either. I was very, very, very disappointed.

1 Like

My own lads had their blitz moved to Sunday from Saturday because of it and it’s after causing havoc with parents and we had to cancel the whole thing last night. Pat doesn’t give a shite about clubs but one weeks notice of a game on Saturday shouldn’t be tolerated imo

It’s a good day when Kilkenny are celebrating a moral victory after being comprehensively outplayed for most of the match.

4 Likes

He said nothing about the steps from Aylward, the fcuk up by Skehill or the dive from Reid. It would have been an annihilation but for the ref. They are trying to make themselves sound better than what they are and have this invincibility aura about them. It is up to Limerick to muller the pricks, not sure we have the cojones either.

4 Likes

Let’s hear it for Limerick … LIMERICK!

1 Like

Soccerball buffoon, you have no class

True, while he’s correct about their strong mentality that belief will soon erode if they keep getting beaten. It’s the lads that have multiple all-Irelands that are keeping them competitive and none of them are getting any younger.

Bang of convincing himself they’re still relevant at the top tier off it alright, along with sending a message to the players still involved. You’re amazing, guys. You’re not just doing it for yourselves, your teammates, your family and your clubs. You’re doing it for the butcher, the priest and Maura who reckons she wouldn’t be alive but for Kilkenny hurling. You’d swear no other hurling teams had the support of family and the goodwill of the public locally.

4 Likes

Do yourself a favour and keep going. Football is shite.

If you really want to see it try and get to Portlaoise. There’s a fantastic Tapas bar /restaurant there that will delight the more discerning customer

2 Likes

I was laughing the last day with my pal after the drawn game saying I never in my lifetime could have envisaged a galway hurling team going in against kk in the championship slightly possibly complacent. The true sign of progress.

I’m contemplating a COTY nomination for tyrell. He is a bit of a cunt. He also has a huge head on the literal sense. He’s like something in a macnas parade.

11 Likes

:laughing:

You could have at least let on that you enjoyed it after I went to to bother of taking time out of my working day to post up the article for you :pensive:

1 Like

Does PM O’Sullivan have a hurling championship column this season?

His friends stop texting him so he has fuck all to write about…