All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

ah they could but in reality it took several top class saves from Eoin Murphy to keep them in touch with Limerick.

1 Like

In reality Eoin Murphy is their player though so its not a very good argument

1 Like

Any time I watched them playing, they were very average.

Steeped to beat Dublin in Parnell Park

0-1 from play from the starting 6 forwards against Galway in Salthill in 70 minutes before an injury time Walter Walsh goal averted a double digit defeat.

0-1 from play from the starting 6 fowards against Wexford in Nowlan Park.

0-4 from play from the starting 6 forwards against Galway in drawn Leinster Final.

Beaten out the gate in the first half of the replay against Galway in Thurles. Galway fell asleep for a few minutes to let them back into, then woke up again to hammer them a second time.

They did improve a bit against Limerick, but the story of that match was Limerick making far heavy work than they should have had of overcoming psychological baggage and Aaron Gillane making a hero of Eoin Murphy.

The Kilkenny reliance on 3 or 4 top drawer saves from their goalkeeper nearly every day and the complete reliance on a 30 something veteran in their forward line is not reflective of a contending team.

1 Like

Kk are still decent . The day they played Lk was their 3rd Sunday in a row out . WW was a massive loss . They shot 18 wides and had a real bad call in the last few minutes . Also they had a few niggly injuries .

I think they need a couple of corner backs.

They will be there or thereabouts this year .

‘Very good’ is probably pushing it. They have some very good players and did very well last year at staying in touch in games where they weren’t playing all that well. But I don’t think Kilkenny supporters would be happy with that, and you need more to win an All-Ireland.

Still, you’d imagine they’ll be better next year.

Considering the hammering they got in 2016 and their performances in 2017 I thought they were very good last year. If they can keep all their good lads fit they have 5 or 6 of the best players in the country straight off the bat

Anyone writing off a Kilkenny team with Brian Cody as manager is talking fucking shite.

They will have a big say next year.

2 Likes

Back off mate. I won’t warn you again.

Fair enough mate.

1 Like

The weakest Kilkenny team in years but still only lost to the All-Ireland champions by two points and drew with the other A-I finalist in a provincial final.

They’ll still prove a tough nut to crack for everyone in 2’19.

2 Likes

Lads rigting off kk are mad. Remember they bate all around at schools and bate limerick in a minor+ few current players + Cody. They are gone nowhere.

1 Like

They’re Millwall at their peak. A tough dogged team that noone will want to face really, but that most good teams hurling well should be able for just at the minute.

KK are going no where. They are done. Fuck em.

2 Likes

Hopefully, couldn’t stick dry balls Cody if they won anything this year

Oh right with analysis like that you should be on the Sunday Game.

1 Like

Cody is way past his sell by date. In a county like Kilkenny where standards and expectations are so high it’s amazing that he’s managed to cling on after all the hidings Kilkenny have got over the past three summers.

2 Likes

Cody will step down when Cody says.
I actually think his kk sides continue to overperform.

2 Likes

Cody did a great job with what he had last year. You seem to have some kind of agenda here

1 Like

He’s the greatest of all time but he needs to let somebody else have a go, twenty years hogging the top job in a hurling mad County is insane, has he a huge ego?

1 Like

I’d imagine he does and he doesn’t seem to be a very likeable man but I doubt anyone else would do a better job with what they have