All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

I’d say you really, truly are — there isnt a bigger quisling on the forum and enabling TSG would have put a right pep in your step for the day.

2 Likes

Ffs where is your sense of humour.

On hold until the end of August … this place is a war zone until then and you best tool up.

2 Likes

Powers pricing up the Quarter Finals already :upside_down_face:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think the Laois - Dublin one there is particularly cheeky. Dublin should win it and yadda yadda yadda but I definitely wouldn’t have it as a foregone conclusion.

1 Like

Front page of today’s Wexford People

Outraged folk on the Wexford People Facebook page calling for a boycott of the paper because the Wexford Ladies’ Intermediate Football team didn’t get a front page mention.

:laughing:

1 Like

That Flynn point was awesome.

The New Ross Standard page was getting even more abuse.

I presume Paddy Power spotted a few instagram stories from last night and have acted accordingly.

Just enjoying a mid morning coffee with the local press myself actually, a lovely image of Ross King celebrating his goal on the back of The Nationalist

2 Likes

Safe to say then that Laois are, in that classic GAA euphemism, “enjoying this one” :smiley:

One or two in almighty jockers last night, ah shur why not, you dont get much silverware for being a Laois hurler.

1 Like

Get hammered by the dubs so.

I guess they could have had a little insert/box photo of the ladies’ trophy lift on the front page too.

That said, they actually send reporters to all the ladies’ football and camogie league and championship games and give it a couple of pages in the sport section.

Do you reckon? Would there be any chance the Dubs might have been on the beer last night too maybe?

I was watching Na BuacphointĂ­ on TG4 last night and in fairness despite all the complaining of the coverage etc it seemed like a fine occasion with a decent enough crowd in for it. You gotta savour those moments pal.

TG4 did a fine service once they were shamed into it, and credit to them. But I think Hurling has a problem here, we have 2 Provinces, two massive games, they shouldn’t be on the same day. It obviously affected the Joe McDonagh because only those involved watched it (which hurt commentary thereon because all the pundits were looking elsewhere) and it denies people a chance to go along to both if they so wish if they were spread out.

The provincial finals should be on different days.

Anyway, Sunday was a great day out in Croke Park, we dont get many.

10 Likes

Have you some inside info pal? Life savings on Laios?

We’d need a miracle mate to get within 12 given the state the lads will show up in. And dead right too they are.