All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Better make the most of it.

We are only starting up the bandwagon. Wonā€™t hit 6th gear until mid august

1 Like

Best of luck to our Galway friends this weekend and the coming weeks.

2 Likes

Mackey appears to be sold out.

Normally weā€™re poor mouthing the fuck out of it at this stage of any year but itā€™s honest this year. Weā€™ll do well to beat Dublin, saving grace is that itā€™s in Nowlan Park.
Galway should win Leinster.

Get your thumb out of your hole mate and return to the hurling bosom that you love and loves you in return.

For what itā€™s worth, the rebels will either hammer Tipp or we will see a rejuvenated Tipp come put of the traps flying it, winning by a couple of points and the hype rising amongst their support with ā€œTipp are backā€ style proclamations before a damning failure later in the summer.

In the other game, I think the home team will win with 5 points to spare, though in spite of Ozzy Gleeson, whose downward trajectory will continue apace this year.

2 Likes

Tipp are really an unknown quantity ā€¦ They were ran into the ground during the league so weve no idea where they are at. Most of their main men have been on the road a very long time but they are more than capable of having a decent summer.

They are slow as fuck though; thereā€™s no natural pace anywhere in the team. Some of the best sticksmen in the game no doubt but the lack of pace in their midfield and half back line wonā€™t do them any favours. Cork are as mentally weak as them, however, and if a dogfight ensues Tipp will take the spoils.

2 Likes

If Cork allow themselves be dragged into another dog fight like second half last year they should all retire.

Cork will win this by 8+, Tipp will finish bottom of the group with a single win over Waterford.

1 Like

I donā€™t think any game in Munster will finish with that wide of a margin this year.

1 Like

Limerick are at a massive disadvantage next weekend facing cork whoā€™ll have a game under their belt. Lose and itā€™s last chance saloon for cork against us and if cork win theyā€™ll have the wind in their sales against us. Itā€™s a huge advantage to have a game played. It blows all the cobwebs out and you get to fine tune your game plan. Limerick also improved a lot from the first to the second game last year. Our performance v tipp In the opening game last year will not be good enough v cork Sunday week. I keep hearing about this depth limerick have and Iā€™m not so sure I buy it. We have pretty much the exact same squad as last years final minus Seamus hickey. Itā€™s going to be extremely tough and if limerick manage a win I suspect we will reach the all Ireland final.

The depth is a myth, after 18 youā€™re in journeyman category, the secret will be to keep the 18 fit,
Still and all Iā€™d have more faith in Limerick putting up a performance every day than any other team in it, their consistency is unreal

Apart from Ennis, that display against Tipp was the patchiest display of the year. Fortunately Tipp were pretty awful on the day and we got away with it.

Came out two weeks later then and produced probably our best display of the year with 14 men.

Honestly think if Limerick lose to Cork then weā€™ll struggle to get out of Munster, with two of the last three matches away from home.

Cork will be at the pitch of the game from the throw in, if it takes 20 minutes for us to settle it could already be game over. Cork consistently put up big scores.

I donā€™t agree that if you lose your first game then you are in last chance saloon in the second game. If you lose two games but win the last two, then you are much more likely to qualify than not qualify. Obviously it depends on results but two wins will be enough in most scenarios. Thatā€™s why, regarding Limerick, even if we lose to Cork first game out and then lose to Waterford away, we still can beat Clare at home and nobody fears Tipp in Thurles.

Fuck em

2 Likes

4 points wonā€™t be enough to go through. Thereā€™ll be at least one draw.

My point was if cork lose to tipp they are in last chance saloon against us. 4 points wonā€™t be enough against Waterford and Clare for them. On limerick losing their opening game theyā€™ll have to get to 5 points. 3 teams will win both their home games I bet.

Do up any random selection of scores, as many scenarios as you want, including draws, and you will see that you are more likely to qualify than not with 4 points. Itā€™s not an opinion, itā€™s maths

Mate, I hope you have a lot of time on your hands

1 Like