All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Clare v Tipp officially sold out.

Clare will have Conor Cleary, Oisin O’Brien and Ian Galvin available for selection after missing the Waterford game due to suspension and injury.

The bould Donie was sitting a few rows in front of me on Sunday.

1 Like

Cringe

2 Likes

What a fucking crawler.

1 Like

Nice to be nice :+1:

Former INTO President if it’s the same man I’m thinking of

Heard a sports bulletin on WLR earlier that Philip Mahony is out for 8 to 10 weeks and faces a race against time to be fit for a potential All Ireland Quarter Final. Don’t stop believin.

1 Like

Nice to see Leinster having the stage to itself on Sunday after two borefest weekends in Munster. Shame that the two best games in the championship to date (Dublin v Wexford and Kilkenny v Dublin) haven’t been televised live by RTE, but better late than never. They have the clash of the Leinster kingpins from the west of the province, Galway, versus Wexford at 4pm on Sunday.

I completely endorse the below opinion piece by Alan Aherne in The Wexford People. It’s almost like we discussed the issue between us.

Galway have better players than us and they’ve well figured out Wexford’s set up under Davy at this stage after we caught them in the league in 2017. We beat them in the league quarter final last year too but, apart from that, they’ve won 4 of the last 5 if I recall correctly (Leinster Final 2017, Leinster round robin 2018, Walsh Cup 2019, League semi-final 2019).

So why not go and pose them a few different problems? We’ve a bye week to regroup and two home games to finish if it goes pear shaped but worth a try imnvho.

Bullet points:

• Everyone knows we’ll use a sweeper;
  • Let’s use 6 forwards to fuck;
  • Our wing forwards can play deep if we want cover for our defence.
6 Likes

Galway are like anti-mushrooms . They can disappear overnight.

6 Likes

Galway by 6+

Leinster hurling is for peasants. Stop trying to pretend ye’re significant and leave the hurling for the big boys down South.

1 Like

So you’re predicting that a team with 4 points will qualify??

If Waterford won their two remaining games against Limerick and Cork, they’d probably qualify.

They probably won’t win either game, mind.

Two wins should suffice for Waterford. As you said though, they’ll more than likely lose both.

Similarly, if Tipperary were to lose both their last two matches, every chance they’d be out. Very likely in that scenario if Cork win their two remaining matches. Having said that, I expect Tipperary to win in Ennis, which will most likely seal top place.

How so, do they not have a huge advantage with scoring difference. They’d surely need to be hammered twice?

If Tipperary finished level on 4 points with one of Limerick or Clare, they’d be behind them on the head to head. If you had the other of Limerick or Clare on 6 points with Cork, that’s Tipperary in 4th. We’re in the realms of the purely theoretical here anyway. I expect Tipperary to win in Ennis, they’re the form team of the Championship so far and justified favourites now for the All Ireland.

If Tipperary lose their last two matches, they’ll likely be relying on Clare to beat Cork in the final match for them to go through

If Tipp lose their last 2 games, Cork win their last two and Limerick beat Waterford, Tipp are out.

Clare beat Waterford last Sunday week in Walsh Park. Keep up.

1 Like