All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

I thought Limerick v KK was a very good game last year.

Dublin-Wexford 10 days ago was one of the best games ever played.

:joy::rofl::laughing:

A possible exception

Cork vs Limerick in the Munster Championship was unrale last year but KK fans would have no time for it. There were lads scoring points and all.

9 Likes

Hurling is dead

That was one of those ping pong basketball 50+ scores games that are ten a penny in Munster.

1 Like

Galway tipp trilogy were all great games.

4 Likes

Lindsay ?

bitter bitter man

Didnt he make a horrific comment to Davy about his son as well? - heā€™s a fucking wanker

Lohan is in Jim Bolgerā€™s camp.

1 Like

didnā€™t hear about that, what did he say?

It was about his sonā€™s legitimacy I think - real low-life stuff

3 Likes

What would you expect from a Shannon cunt, a right breed of the nordie sledger in that bollocks.

5 Likes

Isnā€™t his father from Galway

1 Like

Putrid idle gossip going on here.

thatā€™s the way its gone pal

I canā€™t stop eating my fingers.

Clare V Tipp looks to be a game of matchups and who gets to dictate the terms of engagement will win

Tipp surely wonā€™t let Tony Kelly drift out the field unmarked even if it means that Paudie Maher can play deep at centre back and protect his ful backline. Will they look to get Michael Breen to keep tabs on him or a tandem approach with McCormack/Oā€™Meara trying to crowd out the space? This could potentially allow us to deploy Colm Galvin as a deeper midfielder or cover/sweep around our 40 metre line.

Flynn will surely follow Podge or whoever is picked as the inside forward who will work out the field leaving Barrett on Oā€™Donnell and Barry taking Conlon. I canā€™t see Tipp leaving a whole lot of room in front of their full backline for it to be a 2v2 contest inside there.

Then the question is how do we match up and live with Tipps movement? Patch on Forde, Browne on McGrath, David Mc on Callinan in theory are ok match ups from a Clare perspective but do they follow them when they switch/drift out the field. Who does Malone match up with or do you adopt on the fly somewhat and hold you position & switch as is needed? That may allow Tipp to dictate the match ups in their favour possibly.

Tipp will look to push up on our puckouts and force us to go long, Ronan Maher will probably take Peter Duggan. We will need to be well drilled here and give ourselves enough options to win ball without having to play high risk 50 metre puckouts to a runner coming deep.

We will require huge workrate from 5 to 12 to win this and our full back line to hold up as well. IF we can apply enough pressure to slow ball down coming in and move the ball through the lines at pace while also mixing in fast direct ball when it is on to Conlon and Oā€™Donnell then we have a great chance.

If the shorter stuff breaks down then we will be in serious trouble as Tippā€™s economy of scoring is tremendous and they will make a good fist of pointing any errors we make within 100 yards of our own goal.

A home game, a win under our belts and three weeks to prepare for this game are all good omens for us leading into this. The fact that management have seen Tipp play twice they will have a very good handle of what to expect from them and were we can get at them.

Tipp have looked excellent at times in their last two games and have a huge amount of quality. If we are not at the pitch of it they will beat us easily. They still have some failings though and I think if we do get on top we have the types of hurlers who can cause them serious problems.

5 Likes