All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

they were not, Wexford went up to Pearse Park and walked all over the cunts.

2 Likes

Surely no one would argue this point. Any All Ireland that has involved a defeat along the way is automatically devalued. This is basic stuff

3 Likes

Why was it played in longford?

You’d have thunk but there seems to be some doubts among posters so thought it best to clarify.

Isn’t this the lad who was saying something about Galway being in awe of Kilkenny, playing the jersey rather than the team and all that nonsense? Now he is telling us an All-Ireland can’t be a proper All-Ireland unless Kilkenny are knocked out along the way…The Limerick bandwagon has picked up some awful simpletons.

5 Likes

They couldn’t even win all their games in division 2

They won all their knockout games though.

Like Limerick this year? So if someone else wins the AI now, do they get an asterisk?

I don’t think you can be that general. Going by this logic Limerick’s All Ireland last year has an asterix beside it even though they beat Tipp, Waterford, Cork, Kilkenny and Galway along the way. Meanwhile Galway’s 1988 All Ireland has no asterix beside it even though they only beat an ageing Offaly side and Tipp. Asterix me hole.

3 Likes

I’d add to that, anytime you need a ref to help you beat us is not worth a tinkers curse, a double asterisk

The asterix is just a wee sign, there’s no need to get too hung up on it. While Galway beat Wicklow, Cork, Armagh, Roscommon, Derry and Meath in 01 they lost to Roscommon. The asterix is there to show that the win wasn’t blemish free and differentiates it and the blemish free win of '98.

Fogarty, I think, wheeled out the comments from Keher last year about getting rid of yellow and red cards in hurling. He must have the inside line as what I’m after hearing coming from the camp since Sunday night would suggest we’ll finish with players in single figures…and still win. I’m actually worried for my second favourite hurling county and apologise in advance for the retribution that’s going to be dished out next weekend

JJ Delaney, who is usually gracious in defeat, was extremely unhappy with the refereeing on Sunday. When they actually critiqued the ref’s performance they unwittingly stumbled upon the realisation that it wasn’t really the ref but the rules. They reckoned if the rules were amended (I presume in order to help Kilkenny become competitive) then Aidan Harte would have got 3 yellow cards and Aylward none for the one incident. Woolly opined there should be no card for retalliation and JJ kind of agreed. Do you think these rule changes would be acceptable to Eddie Keher?

1 Like

Hopefully we can pull off an unprecedented two asterisks in a row

5 Likes

Have we considered All Ireland titles which may require two asterisks? I can’t be arsed reading back.

The race to the bottom has started.

If Limerick were to lose to Tipp this Sunday but then go on to win the All Ireland, it would be an Asterisk fest

The dreaded double asterisk All Ireland

Jaysus you’d nearly have to hand it back out of embarrassment.

2 Likes

Once the list of Asterisked All-Irelands has been decided upon can somebody please update the appropriate Wikipedia pages? I’d like to able to review Asterisked All-Irelands in an easy-to-consume format going forward without getting stuck in the rats and the mice in here.

1 Like