All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Have you some inside info pal? Life savings on Laios?

We’d need a miracle mate to get within 12 given the state the lads will show up in. And dead right too they are.

Spare a thought in these troubling times for Michael Duignan.

After enjoying the glory years he now has to suck it up as his beloved team go through very tough times. He probably never, ever imagined things would get this bad and they’d fall so far off the pace.

But enough about Kilkenny.

1 Like

It would be less of a shock than Offaly u20s beating us last week and the bookies have priced it accordingly. I think @myboyblue could be playing up the celebrations a bit too. There is no way Eddie Brennan and Niall Corcoran arw going to allow laois go in hungover and receive a hiding. It would devalue everything Laois have achieved

1 Like

sure the GAA have done that already making them play an AI final as a curtain raiser to the Leinster Final and then make them play again 6 days later.

They’d be mad not to send out a Junior team. They’ve received fuck all respect so should show none back

2 Likes

Eddie knows his next big challenge comes from the biggest name in GAA with money and the powers that be behind the opposition. Eddie will have to outperform all known form to get what he wants.
Beating Dublin would help his cause no end and hurt Shefflins chance of succeeding Cody for a few years.

I agree it is poor form by the gaa. However laois have nothing to lose. If they were allowed hand pick opposition left in the championship (excluding westmeath) they would go for Dublin. Home venue too. This is a great opportunity and Eddie knows it

In my opinion Laois shouldn’t be in this round at all. It’s very Irish for these teams to qualify. Galway would be better off getting relegated next year and they’d have an easier root to the all Ireland q/fs.

1 Like

Wasn’t Eddie ran out the u21 job in KK after they lost to Westmeath while playing a sweeper?
Would he have a sniff at the big job after that I wonder?

Ah I’d say he has learned a bit since then. Sheellin has only managed a club team most of whom he has grown up with. Eddie has had to go in to a county where his best players were unwilling to join the panel at the start of the year. He has (or someone in the background) gotten them back on the field and performing. I’d take that as a good measure of his ability

He bounced back from that defeat to get walked all over by the Limerick 21s in 2017.

I wonder what Barry Kelly would think of “Cody’s code” not to criticise referees :joy:

1 Like

Cody will probably have a huge say in his replacement. I doubt Brennan would be his pick. Lads that went down the media route will be frowned upon I suspect.

I believe that a joint management team of Willie and Eddie O’Connor has been earmarked for the gig.

2 Likes

Cody could be replaced in the morning and it wouldn’t make a jot of difference to our senior team for about 5 years. It’s the younger teams where we need to concentrate on and looking to appoint suitable mentors in that area would be more benificial, Eddie Keher would do wonders with our underage lads I reckon, he could manage 4 or 5 teams at once

1 Like

Cody is getting the most out of that bunch alright. A lot of them are very average hurlers but he’s managed to instill that manic work rate and never gave up attitude.

1 Like

Is that Brendan O’Brien lad a little bit simple? That’s the second time in two days he’s mentioned that Ryan/Fennelly incident and how it was a definite pelanty. It was in its fuck a pelanty.

A very average team all round in fairness, Reid papers over a huge amount of our inadequacies and has done for the last number of years. Whilst it’s fantastic to see our good neighbours in Wexford celebrate a great win on Sunday the reality is you’d need to be beating us than more than the puck of a ball to have any ambition

I agree and I think that’s largely why the celebrations in Wexford have been so muted.

9 Likes

That’s what people said about Limerick last year and how right that point of view proved