All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

I don’t agree that if you lose your first game then you are in last chance saloon in the second game. If you lose two games but win the last two, then you are much more likely to qualify than not qualify. Obviously it depends on results but two wins will be enough in most scenarios. That’s why, regarding Limerick, even if we lose to Cork first game out and then lose to Waterford away, we still can beat Clare at home and nobody fears Tipp in Thurles.

Fuck em

2 Likes

4 points won’t be enough to go through. There’ll be at least one draw.

My point was if cork lose to tipp they are in last chance saloon against us. 4 points won’t be enough against Waterford and Clare for them. On limerick losing their opening game they’ll have to get to 5 points. 3 teams will win both their home games I bet.

Do up any random selection of scores, as many scenarios as you want, including draws, and you will see that you are more likely to qualify than not with 4 points. It’s not an opinion, it’s maths

Mate, I hope you have a lot of time on your hands

1 Like

Great to see the Limerick lads aping the well worn kilkenny poor mouth tactics.
Next up is anyone fit is injured, and anyone injured is “flying in training”

2 Likes

The sooner this gets going the better.

1 Like

If either of limerick or cork lose their opening 2 games I’ll happily lay you a big price on qualifying. 5 points will be needed bar a heap of draws.

It’s 2016 since Cork lost a Munster hurling match.

Played 7 since then, won 5 and drew 2. Remarkable level of consistency.

Limerick in 3rd gear will beat anyone in munster it will be a close game. If we click it will be like what we did to Galway in the final. That’s the level we’re at so gonna have to get used to it or follow something else.

1 Like

1 lad … You prick.

Has this been posted already?

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dublin-team-named-for-leinster-championship-opener-v-kilkenny

1 Alan Nolan St. Brigids
2 Paddy Smyth Clontarf
3 Eoghan O’Donnell Whitehall Colmcille
4 Daire Gray Whitehall Colmcille
5 Chris Crummey Lucan Sarsfields
6 Seán Moran Cuala
7 Shane Barrett Na Fianna
8 Seán Treacy Cuala
9 Darragh O’Connell Cuala
10 David Treacy Cuala
11 Danny Sutcliffe St. Jude’s
12 Fergal Whitely Kilmacud Crokes
13 Oisín O’Rorke Kilmacud Crokes
14 Liam Rushe St. Patrick’s Palmerstown
15 Eamon Dillon Naomh Fionnbarra

We just fluked it last year. Everyone knows that.

Which Munster game is on first on Sunday?

Waterford v Clare @ 2

Cork v Tipp @ 4

1 Like

Will Grey play corner back and O’Connell midfield. O’Connell has quietly turned into as effective man marker as there is in the game. Would be surprised if they took him out of the backs. Maybe Whitley goes midfield and O’Connell man marks TJ with Moran free.

I would have expected O’Donnell to pick up TJ like last year, maybe O’Connell dropping back then.

Without O’Callaghan they lack someone who can drop into full back if O’Donnell is to follow Reid.

Kilkenny team Vs Dublin named

Posted 29 minutes ago