All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Not really. The cork lass getting cleared to play the AIF last year was stroke politics at itā€™s worst.

JP would be moving an independent review team TO A BIGGER HOUSE

Are all Clare people absolutely mental in the head when it comes to rules about hurling?

They discreetly raise it to the ref who reviews before submitting his report.

I donā€™t think it would be used very often but would at least be available.

God I wouldnā€™t be trusting refs, most are complete morons. Iā€™d allow teams raise it to a review board, who then give transparent answers

John Mullane

Fair play to JP for sorting all this out. Just shows the man he is

Who knew Macnas heads had brains in them?

Because your brains are in yourā€¦.?

1 Like

Serious question for you, did you ever play adult hurling?

So much stuff goes on a given day at all levels of championship hurling from junior to senior intercounty that could be considered a red by the letter of the law if you pour back through it. Hurling is a wonderfully unique game because of how you have to play it and how close to the edge you need to be on the day.

But those involved would tell you that things happen and there are flash points, vast majority are willing to give and take belts and digs within reason. It is the very sly or very late stuff that normally are the issues and lead to games boiling over or bad blood.

If you start independently reviewing championship match and pouring over overt camera angle you will find multiple incidents in most of the big games which by the letter of the law are reds but refs and players would tell you are not. Like should Cian Lynch have been retrospectively banned for his picking up and dumping of Rob Downey in last years A/I final, an independent review would probably say yes but I doubt any player on the field or anyone involved with either side felt it was a red after the game was over and done with.

10 Likes

Here we goā€¦ :popcorn:

:joy: :joy:

Iā€™m not trying to have a pop, Iā€™m just trying to provide a bit of context.

Even at the lowest level of junior hurling in a given county come the knockout championship stages you have to be pumped and willing to nail anything that moves if you want to win games like that - let alone senior intercounty level.

As a player you know when a fella has done you dirty, you know when you draw it on yourself or give as good as you get too.

1 Like

Is there any example of a sport that works on such a set of rules? Adjudicators of rules have to be independent. Itā€™s such a basic and simple and universally accepted concept that Iā€™m struggling to believe I have to point it out to you. Your suggestion is such nonsense I donā€™t know where to begin.

Have you examples of a similar sport to hurling for me?

A great night for hurling, justice and judicial proceeding :clap:

1 Like

Rugby has an independent citing commissioner, however teams can bring incidents to the attention of the commissioner.

Go back again and look at the live game. Duggans belt on Finn was picked up and commmented on by Smartie Morrissey.

He was complaining about ye being soft cunts, throwing yereselves around the place. Jason Flynn made a show of ye that day, twas mortifying

Smartie Morrissey, lolz