All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Iā€™d hazard a guess at SH

5 Likes

The golden chained one

Them city slickers might be lucky enough to avoid him

Had him in a football game in Askeaton a few years ago. He was nearly lynched as he blew the final whistle with the ball in the air as our opponents shot for the equalising point. Luckily for him it ended up going wide.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen him ref a GAA match; had him in the Desmond alright.

Should be in the accounts of the Limerick county board

1 Like

Try doing it with no linesmen, no umpires, no lines (a few training cones roughly where the line should be), and a ladies Gaelic football match with wan team populated by a large percentage of our northern bretheren, oh, and no money.

sure why would they bother with a ref at all ? :grin:

They appeared to need someone to take their lifeā€™s frustrations out on.

1 Like

The parallels between Limerickā€™s March to the ā€˜18 Final and Waterfordā€™s route to this years final are uncanny.

Everyone saying two years ago that Galway would be the team to beat, the closer they got to the final, the more they seemed to run out of steam. They fell over the line against Clare in the semi replay. Itā€™s similar enough to how Limerickā€™s 2020 has gone.
Limerick in 2018 were building steadily right up to the final, we bounced into it really with the comeback win over Cark. Just like those DĆ©ise will bounce into Sunday weekā€™s game.

I canā€™t figure out if Limerick will finally get done over by a team that will run at them, and a team with serious momentum, or if weā€™ve just been saving our best performance for the final and havenā€™t peaked yet.

3 Likes

I think people would agree if Limerick take their chances last Sunday they would have won by 10+ while playing poorly. If they up it they will win the All Ireland, if they donā€™t they will come undone and Waterford are likely to have their first All Ireland in sixty years, if they donā€™t it is a hard road back.

2 Likes

Hind sight is always 2020 but if you look back on it noone should be any it surprised that these two teams are just below the summit this year. They had a few ding dong battles at minor level. Both cruised to u21 titles. Indeed theres probably a valid argument out there that if Waterford had appointed a management team similar to the k e now in situ at an earlier date m they might well have already reached the summit. I posted on some thread after the Munster final that I wouldnā€™t be a bit surprised if we were to see a repeat in the AIF. Waterford are a serious outfit.

If Aran Gillane and SĆ©amus Flanagan are used correctly they can score 3 or 4 goals against Waterford. I was critical of kiely this time last year for sticking too much to the own system but dropping Kyle back and moving Cian lynch to centre forward has worked a treat. I said at the start of the year we needed to start goals and we havenā€™t but weā€™ve kept winning. (Conditions might have played a part in this and shortened season) but if limerick get those lads rolling they wonā€™t be beaten.

3 Likes

You could equally argue that if Galway had taken all of theirs, theyā€™d have won.
Itā€™s kind of spurious.
Even more spurious is comparing Limerick, whoā€™ve had a game every fortnight the first of which was a doddle, for a whole three games, to Galway in '18.

You need to lie down mate. Galway are not within an arses roar of Limerick at the moment.

They were after about 78 minutes last weekend mate.

You need to build a bridge with heartache from 2018, Limerick are now a far better side than then and Galway have not progressed.

We will see.
They didnā€™t look a whole hape better to me.

Put our money on Galway for Liam in 2021?

Exactly mate.