All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Sure youā€™d want your head examined

You would; Brian Gavin has got a cushy little side earner out of it

What would the likes of Fergal Horgan make a year from reffing a wonder

He does a lot of challenge games at club level too; probably 50 euro a pop for those at least

I was talking to a ref one day and he was clearing over ā‚¬30k a year between it and drawing the dole. Is reffing tax free?
Anyway he was doing all the school games during winter and heā€™d do a few evenings a week and 3 or 4 at weekends. Raking it in.
The same fella was clane useless but he didnā€™t give a fuck

Referee cost in Laois is/was ā‚¬45, canā€™t remember if it went up to ā‚¬50 but it might as well have.

Like, fair play to you getting the ā‚¬5 back from a ref if you handed him the ā‚¬50 anyways.

The old taxi driver shuffle

Lad like this is Laois, as auld as the hills and thereā€™s no stopping the fucker. Any time a referee looks to swap or give away a game in the refs group, heā€™s on it like a traveler on his, well you know.

Maurice would laugh at you if you asked the Cunt :laughing:

Thereā€™d be no junior only for the likes of them.

This is true but inversely, theyā€™re the worst Cunt to let near a junior match at the same time.

Thereā€™s a fella down here who was a soccer ref and decided heā€™d give the GAA a spin. Genuinely doesnā€™t know the rules. Walks out onto the field and you can hear both sides groaning.
You wouldnā€™t mind but he was a bad soccer ref to start with. But heā€™s ignorant out and what can you do only accept heā€™s equally shit for both sides

1 Like

the fella doing the junior match has the least amount of help. A fella doing a senior match would have umpires two linesman etc.

the lad doing the junior match would have fellas who happened to be at it doing those roles - itā€™s almost impossible to be a good ref at junior - youā€™ve to cut out the bollocks acting early to have any hope

They earn every cent of it

I almost caused a riot out in crecora one night. one of the lads was playing in goals in junior city championship match between christians and na piarsaigh, and I was doing umpire. It came down to the last few minutes and there was a free that went over the post. I had it waved wide before the cunt even hit it.

1 Like

Haha true. Reffing at junior is more about diplomacy and peace-keeping than it is implementing rules

1 Like

the best lads would come in to the dressing room and lay down the law before the game. Right lads, no fuck acting today. Iā€™ll give ye the line if thereā€™s any of it. But they had to be assertive then. Any hint of weakness and theyā€™d be crucified

And what about the match?

1 Like

Whoā€™s that?

Is there any way of sneaking in to this ???