All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

Irelandā€™s sporting community is blessed to have wonderful advocates in Catherine Martin and Jack Chambers representing its interests in government.

indeed, id say youre well acquainted with the bad taste they can leave in your mouth

Bar Limerick having a real off day I donā€™t see any reason why limerick will lose to Waterford nor do I see any reason why limerick would have a huge off day.

I thought they hurled well for 20 or 25 minutes but were very poor at times in the opening period particularly and never really going in the second half. It was very dead at times. In my opinion limerick were comfortably the better side.

Limerick simply have too much options all over the field and Waterford are still in my opinion carrying two or three players. Maybe if Waterford go for the absolute jugular early and rattle limerick with a few goals they might get some joy but limerick have barely coughed up a goal chance in three games.

Kiely deserves huge credit. I was critical last year of them not really changing things up but swapping Kyle back and moving Cian lynch to 11 were big calls and worked out really well. When things got a little unsteady he was very good I thought yesterday. He also had to make two changes in the full back line. Iā€™m fairly certain @Breaking_my_balls said limerick were finished after Mike Casey was ruled out but in reality he hasnā€™t been missed so far. The half back line is like an iron curtain now.

Iā€™m gutted this is behind closed doors as it would be an unreal build up.

Sure lookit we are just happy to make up the numbers. Hopefully Ozzie and the boys will be let into town to do a bit of Christmas shopping the morning of the match and the day wonā€™t have been a complete waste.

4 Likes

In fairness I should also mention if Gleeson was to hurl for 70 minutes he could break up that limerick half back line a little and that would be interesting as nobody has done it so far.

Our full back line hasnā€™t been troubled at all but itā€™s like an iron curtain in front of it. Maybe if a team does manage to trouble limericks middle third the whole thing will open up like a dam. I personally donā€™t see it but obviously it could happen.

Waterford are more than capable of beating Limerick.

6 Likes

Iā€™d fancy Limerick to win it but itā€™s shades of 1997 Clare v Tipp meeting twice in finals. Yeā€™ll be hoping it doesnā€™t follow the Galway v Kilkenny script from 2012 or the Clare v Cork (Munster semi-Final script) from 2013. Limerick by 4.

Hopefully Waterford can make it competitive. It would be a shame if it ended up in a massacre like the 2008 final. It could well happen though.

1 Like

Has Liam Cahill managed a county team (underage) yet whoā€™s season hasnā€™t culminated in All-Ireland success?

Be interesting to see if Cahill can temper the Waterford lads inner head the ball

Limerick are the perfect opposition for a team looking to make a breakthrough.

2 Likes

At least thereā€™ll be nobody there to see it this year.

3 Likes

How is morale today? Has the euphoria of Saturday subsided yet to the cold hard reality of the Everest that lies ahead?

Unfortunately yes. Watching the green machine yesterday was sobering

1 Like

Be a lot easier to keep everyone calm on both sides this time round. While I certainly wouldnā€™t begrudge it to Waterford, I would have huge sympathy and empathy for them in the fact that they wouldnā€™t be able to celebrate it in the way it should be. But Iā€™m sure Waterford would consider that a nice problem to have if it ( and it certainly has every possibility) came to pass

Was there 4 from Dungarvan on the field at the end on Saturday night ?? If so , the most ever ,??.

Montgomery looks a rough diamond but if coached well will be a real asset .

1 Like

Hopefully Gillane can keep his stick to himself on the day. He mightnā€™t be as lucky the next day.

1 Like

Sure Limerick would have the same problem.

Hang on a sec and I get you a john mullane avatar

1 Like

There wonā€™t be more than a puck of a ball in this. The minor games of 13 and 14 were brilliant games and itā€™s great to see the backbone of those teams contesting the final. We have played twice this year with Limerick winning both by 4 points thatā€™s very little in hurling and the momentum is with Waterford.
It will be all on the day.

Gillane is a constant challenge to Kiely Iā€™d say. On and off the field judging by incidents.

I wasnt referring to disclipine. More so the Waterford lads propensity to get wound up tight. When it gets in the melting pot the heads go